Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to the forum. I am looking to get into a Karma. How do I know if the VIN on the Karma I'm buying is a later model and has ALL the updates?

Will owners of the 2012 models be receiving any kind of support and/ or updates from the New Fisker owners?

Thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
I think the VIN issue is no longer relevant as it was when the cars were initially sold and most cars on the market are now 2nd and 3rd owner cars with most issues have evident as they have already cropped up and addressed (e.g. RDM, battery modules, etc).

I would contact one of the knowledgeable techs (e.g. FiskerPhilly, Harleyguy) who can talk updates, but most of the recalls and updates were minor (tow hook, software BL, etc) and easily addressed after finding the car you like.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Hi, I am new to the forum. I am looking to get into a Karma. How do I know if the VIN on the Karma I'm buying is a later model and has ALL the updates?

Will owners of the 2012 models be receiving any kind of support and/ or updates from the New Fisker owners?

Thanks
Hi; and welcome. Where are you located? There are a handful of authorized service centers in the US that can properly diagnose and work on a Karma. You can find a map with the list of service providers on Karma Automotive's official website.

On this site, you will find a vast trove of information about common issues and solution, for example on this thread. You will also finds threads such as this one regarding software upgrades offered for the 2012 Karmas.

The most recent version of software released for Karma is BL535. The version before that one is identified as BL520. You can find a great deal of information about these by searching with those terms. Karma has officially announced that it will not release any new software after BL535.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts