Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
capturealoha
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to buy a used Karma Fisker in the new year in LA area and ship it to Maui. But I first would like to find out some info. Is there a dealership that does warranty and recall work in that area if needed before I ship it. and if something goes wrong with it here on Maui is there anyone here that is certified to work on it?

Mahalo for any information,
Summer

·
Registered
536 Posts
I am going to buy a used Karma Fisker in the new year in LA area and ship it to Maui. But I first would like to find out some info. Is there a dealership that does warranty and recall work in that area if needed before I ship it. and if something goes wrong with it here on Maui is there anyone here that is certified to work on it?
Summer
I think board member "Roberta'sKarma" will be able to help you with your questions, but she is organizing the Oahu Plug-In day today.
http://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/28-car-lounge/5594-national-plug-day.html

In the meantime, you may want to search this board for her prior posts (click on her name in the thread listed in the prior paragraph, and there will be an option to view all her posts on the profile screen).

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Hello there. I can inspect the car in LA for you when you decide to purchase it. There were never any dealers in Hawaii and warranty work isn't being performed at all (except in some special cases, such as Frank Kent doing warranty work for their customers). For some peace of mind, the inspection would tell you whether all the recalls and campaigns have been completed prior to shipping it to Maui.

As far as someone to work on it, feel free to contact me anytime regarding this as well. I'd be happy to assist you with any questions. Thanks!

·
Registered
546 Posts
@capturealoha: I live in Los Angeles and own a Karma. To my knowledge, there are no dealers in Southern California that are servicing Karmas either through warranty work or even from owners who are willing to pay out of pocket.

I highly recommend you contact Lormax. He is based in SoCal and is knowledgeable and reliable. He can inspect any vehicle you are considering and help you make a good decision regarding whether or not to buy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have purchased 3 used Karma's in the last 30 days. I spent 80 hours researching these cars and i think I have met the key people you need to deal with. They did a story on my karma story in OC Register few days ago. look it up. I don't know how to post it here, other otherwise I would. Just go to google and type in Fisker Karma, Sean Abdali, OC Register. I would also agree that Travis is the man you want to inspect any car you considering. I be happy to give you any info

·
Registered
22 Posts
Fisker Karma sold for $500,000 dollars

I heard that a Chinese guy in Hong Kong just purchased a used Fisker Karma for half a million dollars. I have no idea what the taxes are, but that is incredible. If on October 11 Fisker does not come back, these cars may overnight go up in prices more than how much they sold brand new. It is also funny how the manufacturer buy backs are selling and worth more than some of the non buy backs. That was hard for me to understand, but now I totally get it. a total 360 when buying an electric car.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I heard that a Chinese guy in Hong Kong just purchased a used Fisker Karma for half a million dollars. I have no idea what the taxes are, but that is incredible. If on October 11 Fisker does not come back, these cars may overnight go up in prices more than how much they sold brand new. It is also funny how the manufacturer buy backs are selling and worth more than some of the non buy backs. That was hard for me to understand, but now I totally get it. a total 360 when buying an electric car.
Theres been karmas in china for awhile that are black market. Theres also karmas in russia, africa, and who knows where else. I wouldn't touch any of the buybacks to be honest though. Everyone seems to think they have the best parts but I can guarantee thats not always true. That & they were often used as test cars for various departments. There was one someone posted on here not too long ago that was used as a test mule for battery repair...talk about a gamble.

I'm not saying they're all bad but theres much better options out there IMO

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Total 360 is exactly right. We are still headed the same direction. Until the company is actually sold to someone, all we have is rumor and speculation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts