Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this isn't the right place to post this in the forum. I'm currently looking at three fiskers and trying to learn all I can to avoid a purchase of a karma that may require lots of work later on. At the moment my number one choice is this VIN YH4K14AA1CA001702 with 6,600ish miles on it and tan and brown interior YH4K14AA1CA001702 | 2012 Fisker Karma Eco-Sport for sale in San Diego, CA. I tried to PM Lormax but being a new member apparently I can't PM yet. Does anyone have any information on this vehicles vin ? Thank you in advance for any help, also if this post needs to be moved to a better location on the forum just let me know.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have one I am selling if you know of anyone Original owner vin 461 41000 miles all work done under warranty and no issues still gets great miles on charge never seen rain, sleet or snow drive 30-50 miles a week

·
Registered
242 Posts
Apologies if this isn't the right place to post this in the forum. I'm currently looking at three fiskers and trying to learn all I can to avoid a purchase of a karma that may require lots of work later on. At the moment my number one choice is this VIN YH4K14AA1CA001702 with 6,600ish miles on it and tan and brown interior YH4K14AA1CA001702 | 2012 Fisker Karma Eco-Sport for sale in San Diego, CA. I tried to PM Lormax but being a new member apparently I can't PM yet. Does anyone have any information on this vehicles vin ? Thank you in advance for any help, also if this post needs to be moved to a better location on the forum just let me know.
be careful with low mile. FISKERs are designed to be used. Low miles means some bugs may never have been worked out

·
Registered
48 Posts
I’m bAsed in Tucson, so if you need any help down the road, PM me. Agree with previous post, low miles = bad batteries. However, if you need some battery modules, I have several extras that I am reconditioning.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it's a black wrap. I did test drive the black wrapped one, dealer handed the keys and I took it for a good 20 minute drive. I'm going to ask for paperwork but he said the black wrapped one had the batteries replaced. Definitely worried about low millage, any ways to tell if the car has bad batteries besides check engine lights ? I was going to check the software this week as well, he said that was also updated as well not to long ago. What would cause a Fisker karma to fail smog in California? I noticed one of the fiskers I was looking at didn't pass smog like 4 times previously, Sounds like a software issue most likely. I was hoping to have Lormax check out the car but he's apparently not as honest as he used to be ? Or so it seems from searching the forum. Any idea who can check a VIN for all the required work that should have been done already?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’m bAsed in Tucson, so if you need any help down the road, PM me. Agree with previous post, low miles = bad batteries. However, if you need some battery modules, I have several extras that I am reconditioning.
That's awesome, I appreciate that. I went through and found a YouTube channel of a guy that rebuilt his batteries , doing my just incase research 😂. I love these cars , just don't want to get stuck with one that's going to leave me stranded.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
be careful with low mile. FISKERs are designed to be used. Low miles means some bugs may never have been worked out
Do you happen to know a good way to test the batteries without having a scanner to check all the codes ? Such as a long drive to drain the batteries down, perhaps I should see a fault or something then ? I tried to contact all of the previous fisker techs that are on this forum but non got back to me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have one I am selling if you know of anyone Original owner vin 461 41000 miles all work done under warranty and no issues still gets great miles on charge never seen rain, sleet or snow drive 30-50 miles a week
What are you asking for for this beautiful machine? What color is the car and also interior color ? May I ask why you're parting with such a beautiful machine?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I found another that's very interesting to me since it's for 24,000 miles on it and a beautiful blue exterior. I contacted the owner to see if it's still available.https://www.kbb.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=570571017&allListingType=all&makeCodeList=FISK&modelCodeList=KARMA&city=Tustin&state=CA&zip=92782&location=&dma=&searchRadius=25&isNewSearch=false&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fall%2Ffisker%2Fkarma%2Ftustin-ca-92782%3F&clickType=listing

·
Registered
48 Posts
This forum is really helpful, but its difficult Trying to have a discussion here. Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions. I just finished rebuilding and reconditioning my complete high-voltage battery. I have about 12 extra modules that I am in the middle of reconditioning as well. So if you need a spare one, let me know. Another note, there is no easy way to tell if the battery is good. You can only tell on the battery is bad. And these vehicles are very temperamental, they can run great for days, weeks or years, And then for no apparent reason begin to choke and puke. My best recommendation to you is to buy one with a high serial number and then don’t be surprised when you have to dump five grand into it to keep it going. Yes, I do love ours, you have too!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This forum is really helpful, but its difficult Trying to have a discussion here. Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions. I just finished rebuilding and reconditioning my complete high-voltage battery. I have about 12 extra modules that I am in the middle of reconditioning as well. So if you need a spare one, let me know. Another note, there is no easy way to tell if the battery is good. You can only tell on the battery is bad. And these vehicles are very temperamental, they can run great for days, weeks or years, And then for no apparent reason begin to choke and puke. My best recommendation to you is to buy one with a high serial number and then don’t be surprised when you have to dump five grand into it to keep it going. Yes, I do love ours, you have too!
My dealer says I've got 5 bad cells but didn't provide a solution.
i tried contacting you directly but the forum won't let me because it says I'm "new"...not sure how to make that go away. My car says it has 5 bad cells. Dealer here in Houston does not really know how to proceed. Any suggestions would be helpful. Car still runs with check engine light on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts