Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has now been at Frank Kent Fisker in Ft. Worth, Texas for 2.5 weeks. They picked it up for the battery recall and software updates, etc. It went in around 7am on January 16th and is still there. So, I was wondering how long everybody else's recall/repair has taken. I imagine Brian has the record, but I might be getting close. Maybe I have the record now?
Cheers,
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kabalah70 said:
Maybe they are fixing other things, like the heat shield, etc.
Maybe the car is just sitting there most of the time. I can't imagine they have been working on it the whole time. Maybe 6.15 will be out by the time I get out back?
Cheers,
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
230 Posts
Sigurd said:
My car has now been at Frank Kent Fisker in Ft. Worth, Texas for 2.5 weeks. They picked it up for the battery recall and software updates, etc. It went in around 7am on January 16th and is still there. So, I was wondering how long everybody else's recall/repair has taken. I imagine Brian has the record, but I might be getting close. Maybe I have the record now?
Cheers,
They said mine could be in port for 3-4 weeks for the updates but I imagine they have a few hundred cars to do there. Possibly they're training a tech to perform the updates while the car sits.

BillyO[hr]
Fisker really should consider extending the warranty for those who take delivery the first year.

BillyO
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BillyO, did you get your car from Sewell? If so, how has your experience been so far? I live in Cedar Hill and work downtown Dallas so maybe it would make more sense for me to bring my car for service there.
Cheers,
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
230 Posts
Sigurd said:
BillyO, did you get your car from Sewell? If so, how has your experience been so far? I live in Cedar Hill and work downtown Dallas so maybe it would make more sense for me to bring my car for service there.
Cheers,
So far I'd say it's been fine with Sewell. They found really great financing with Chase (2.1%). The showroom is in Plano so it's about 8 miles or so from me. When I finally take delivery we'll see how service after the sale is. Sewell has always been great with service on my Escalade.

BillyO
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Frank Kent Fisker called me today to tell me that my car is done. Great news, but now I guess I need to wait until Saturday since rain is forecasted until then. BTW, does anybody have an update on 6.14? Has it been released. My car currently has 6.13.5 they said.
Cheers,
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Michael, it doesn't rain much here in Texas so I prefer not to drive my Lambo or my Karma in the rain. I'm sure the Karma does just fine in the rain, but then I have to worry about all the stuff in the "Washing" thread. So, my Karma will not see rain or snow (if I can help it).
Cheers,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
There was a post on Fiskers Facebook page yesterday showing a Karma half-covered in snow. Look it up, then wonder how hey would get that snow off without scratching the finish.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
781 Posts
After my car being in the shop for 3 weeks last time I was concerned it might happen again, but today I got my car back after only 3 days. They fixed my hood alignment and attempted to fix the creaking/rattle from the back seat. I fear they may have only made the creaking it worse tho.

-Brian
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had them address the rattle in the back too. I'll let you know if they had success when I get my car back as soon as the rain stops.
 

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
Joined
·
1,217 Posts
brian said:
They fixed my hood alignment and attempted to fix the creaking/rattle from the back seat. I fear they may have only made the creaking it worse tho.
Can you tell if it is the back seat or behind the back seat? That is where the inverters and gas tank are located.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
781 Posts
I need to have someone else drive while I sit back there, but it seems like it's coming from that leather-covered plastic cover behind the seats. The thing that the speakers are attached to.

-Brian
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So today was supposed to be the big day. My car was supposed to be delivered back to my house on a flatbed around 10:30am. Some time after 11 it came. As the tow truck guy was backing it off the flatbed, we heard a clicking sound from the rear. He said it sounded like a parking break issue. I got in the car and it had a message about a parking break malfunction and on top of it, the check engine light was on. Needless to say, it went right back to Frank Kent Fisker. I guess 3 weeks at the dealership was not sufficient time to get it sorted.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top