Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been answered before< I searched but could not find any threads.
I would like to upload a Garmin GPS map to my Fisker but don't know how.
Has anyone done this before?
Thanks in advance!
Special K

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
The maps that are currently in the CIU is the maps that you have to live with. Fisker never updated the maps due to cost .They were also working on other upgrade too the CIU when they closed

·
Registered
334 Posts
since both expert is here :):)..
is it possible to unlock the maps nav on the ECO STANDARD?
back up camera? smart mirror after market installed with backup camera
im thinking connect the smart mirror to front camera

·
Registered
996 Posts
done and done...

connect via bluetooth, voice command, navigation over music, traffic etc. Compression fit no mounts needed. I have done some heavy cornering and the tablet has not moved at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
i usualy use the iphone for navigation , stream music too .. dont need to see map just listen to direction work very well with blue tooth , believe it or not the blue tooth more stable than the panamera and cayenne

im more intersted in unlock the main back up camera and use the mirror for front camera

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
since both expert is here :):)..
is it possible to unlock the maps nav on the ECO STANDARD?
back up camera? smart mirror after market installed with backup camera
im thinking connect the smart mirror to front camera

I have no way to unlock the maps and if you can other modules need to flashed . Last time I checked the back up camera was available from Fisker it cost a few hundred dollars for the camera the car should all ready have the coax cable from the rear bumper to the CIU .

·
Registered
334 Posts
there is already backup camera now connected to the smart mirror work in reverse
.. its eco standard so the navigation is locked or disabled there is message say contact the dealer to unlock
if any TECH/DEALER with the proper SOFTWARE tool i think be easy to unlock the navigation .. and i assume the CIU unit its same in all models chic / sport so there is vga connection for camera in the CIU

·
Registered
264 Posts
The navigation system is poor. Depending on the cost of unlocking it I don't know if I would waste the money. I would not count on it to give accurate driving directions based on my experience.

·
Registered
334 Posts
The navigation system is poor. Depending on the cost of unlocking it I don't know if I would waste the money. I would not count on it to give accurate driving directions based on my experience.
i agree its realy bad .. im using more the iphone / bluetooth for voice direction pandora for music
. im more interested to hav 2 cameras front and back

·
Registered
886 Posts

Don't think, it's a poor thing in general.
I can dictate my destination without problems (fast and a lot more convenient than typing!) and it guides me OK.
The directions might get some seconds earlier...

Sure, it is missing all the cool new navigation stuff, like real time congestion redirection or taking addresses from the internet....

·
Registered
261 Posts
Many months ago somebody mentioned a navigation ap "Waze", have been using it ever since. Great app. It even hooks up to the command center w/blue tooth. Happened a few times on its own, but can't figure out how to duplicate it.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Don't think, it's a poor thing in general.
I can dictate my destination without problems (fast and a lot more convenient than typing!) and it guides me OK.
The directions might get some seconds earlier...

Sure, it is missing all the cool new navigation stuff, like real time congestion redirection or taking addresses from the internet....
You should be able to use the traffic feature built into the Nav system. I can't get mine to work and I was told by Fisker that it is hard-wired for European traffic data systems and does not work in the US. Does it work for you?

·
Registered
886 Posts
You should be able to use the traffic feature built into the Nav system. I can't get mine to work and I was told by Fisker that it is hard-wired for European traffic data systems and does not work in the US. Does it work for you?

We have a system called TMC (traffic message system)
Most major radio stations at using it.
It sends tragic date in a channel beside the audio. It is mostly connected to the traffic information department of the radio station. So it really depends on the quality and actuality of their data.

From time to time, I'm in a congestion at a speed of 200 km/h

1 - 17 of 17 Posts