Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since confirming my car was waiting to be shipped, I've been compiling a list of all the little things I want to make sure the dealer takes care of before I bring her home. The update to the current software is an automatic but the other things I've noted are:
1) Check and fix air noise from rear window
2) Front corner above head lights check to make sure it's fixed in place
3) Rear trunk alignment (over hang)
4) Exhaust connection update and exhaust shields.

Any suggestions of other little things I can have updated or fixed prior to taking her home?

Thanks all for your input:thumbup:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
Ask about Floor Mats - if they're included, if they will be delivered with the car, etc.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jrocks said:
Since confirming my car was waiting to be shipped, I've been compiling a list of all the little things I want to make sure the dealer takes care of before I bring her home. The update to the current software is an automatic but the other things I've noted are:
1) Check and fix air noise from rear window
2) Front corner above head lights check to make sure it's fixed in place
3) Rear trunk alignment (over hang)
4) Exhaust connection update and exhaust shields.
5) Ask about floor mats

Any suggestions of other little things I can have updated or fixed prior to taking her home?

Thanks all for your input:thumbup:
Check added floor mats - Thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,659 Posts
jrocks said:
jrocks said:
Since confirming my car was waiting to be shipped, I've been compiling a list of all the little things I want to make sure the dealer takes care of before I bring her home. The update to the current software is an automatic but the other things I've noted are:
1) Check and fix air noise from rear window
2) Front corner above head lights check to make sure it's fixed in place
3) Rear trunk alignment (over hang)
4) Exhaust connection update and exhaust shields.
5) Ask about floor mats

Any suggestions of other little things I can have updated or fixed prior to taking her home?

Thanks all for your input:thumbup:
Check added floor mats - Thanks
Critical: Make sure the battery is charged at least to 15%, but ideally to 100%, before you leave the dealership. Also, make sure the portable convenience charger is in the car, take it out and plug it into a nearby outlet to make sure the lights come on and the unit is working.

-- Fab.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fabulist said:
jrocks said:
jrocks said:
Since confirming my car was waiting to be shipped, I've been compiling a list of all the little things I want to make sure the dealer takes care of before I bring her home. The update to the current software is an automatic but the other things I've noted are:
1) Check and fix air noise from rear window
2) Front corner above head lights check to make sure it's fixed in place
3) Rear trunk alignment (over hang)
4) Exhaust connection update and exhaust shields.
5) Ask about floor mats
6) 100% charge and confirm charger is in the trunk and works

Any suggestions of other little things I can have updated or fixed prior to taking her home?

Thanks all for your input:thumbup:
Check added floor mats - Thanks
Critical: Make sure the battery is charged at least to 15%, but ideally to 100%, before you leave the dealership. Also, make sure the portable convenience charger is in the car, take it out and plug it into a nearby outlet to make sure the lights come on and the unit is working.

-- Fab.
Added. Thanks!
This could become a FiskerBuzz New Owners delivery checklist for all of us waiting and learning from all current owners!

Keep them coming :thumbup:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
30 Posts
I hope to pick up my car soon. Anything I should add to this list:

1) Check and fix air noise from rear window
2) Front corner above head lights check to make sure it's fixed in place
3) Rear trunk alignment (over hang)
4) Exhaust connection update and exhaust shields.
5) Ask about floor mats
6) 100% charge and confirm charger is in the trunk

Thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
585 Posts
If we can compile a comprehensive list, I would be happy to "sticky" it to the top of the forum to aid new members and those members still waiting for their Karma.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
Make sure the inverter coolant lines are not kinked (one "campaign"),

and check the serial numbers on the motors and make sure they are not within the range known to have hardening issues (and premature weakening) - another campaign (recall)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does anyone know if the "excess silicon at certain connection points" issue has been confirmed as a problem? If so, this would be a good thing to add.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
jrocks said:
Does anyone know if the "excess silicon at certain connection points" issue has been confirmed as a problem? If so, this would be a good thing to add.
Mine had that issue. The dealer corrected it when it was in for the battery recall and software updates.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
744 Posts
(1) kinking of the washer fluid reservoir vent line
(2) check window speed by pushing down and pulling up on the front window buttons simultaneously and far enough to activate the auto down and up function and see if they open and close at about the same speed and smoothly to identify a problem window. Repeat with the rear windows.
(3) Look the car over thoroughly for interior and exterior damage done during testing and transport. Get as many eyes on it as you can. My buddy I brought with me found some of my faults.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
So my Fisker did not have the front corner, above headlights, lifting issue when I picked it up, but both sides have it now. Is this a recall? Has anyone brought theres back to the dealer for repair and did the repair work? It looks like crap.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top