·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Stefan said:
Thanks Fabulist

I alraedy read the way until page 6...

I'm wondering, how you all cope with this issues :s
Stefan,

One thing to keep in mind is that while there's a fairly large universe of glitches and issues being resolved, most of them happen only sporadically, or only one time. More importantly, every owner has a slightly different experience; I've encountered some of the items mentioned but not others. Some people have had some of the same ones as me and some new ones, while others have had few, if any, in common with me. While there are a lot of possible issues out there, the individual experience is much less frought with problems than reading the forums would lead you to believe.

As I posted in another thread today:

I've had a litany of annoying SW related glitches, most that only happened once or twice (lost presets, no audio, parking sensor wouldn't shut up, etc), a couple persistent issues like the constant CEL light and my audio volume likes to runaway sometimes when I use the steering wheel controls. All of these are annoying but don't distract meaningfully from my ability to enjoy the car. I also expect that all of these will eventually be resolved.

I also had a buzzing from the exhaust heat shield on the driver's side, which was fixed by my dealer.

I have not had any mechanical, performance or safety issues. I've put about 1800 miles on the car now, including an 1100 mile road trip, and the car has done just fine. I really can't wait for the SW gremlins to be fixed, and I fully expect that it will take several releases after 6.15 to get to all of it, but I'm very happy with the car overall.

So as the saying goes, Your Mileage May Vary :)

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Fabulist said:
My point, which was probably lost in the snark, was that when the primary goal is to get a car with no bugs, you can buy established marques, such as BMW, AUDI, Benz, Jaguar, Lexus, etc. and there are plenty of those cars that will work perfectly on day 1 and will keep working without any problems for many many years. But if you are the kind person who buys a Lambo, Ferrari, McLaren, Zonda, etc., reliability and bug-free operation is not the primary criteria, excitement is.

The Karma is not super high performance car, but it is exciting in its own way and that appeals to a lot of people the same way a Lambo would appeal to them, even if the Lambo may not be as reliable as a Lexus. There are problems to be solved here, to be sure, but overall, at least for the owners who contribute to this site, it seems that the positives outweigh the negatives, Obviously, Fisker can rely on this sense of adventure forever and needs to address the problems. My only point was that there are plenty of cars that would give you near-absolute reliability from day 1, but they cannot give you what the Karma does.
:thumbup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.