Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

is there a complete list of all known issues and their possible solutions or at least their work arounds?

Thanks
Stefan
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,659 Posts
Stefan said:
Hi,

is there a complete list of all known issues and their possible solutions or at least their work arounds?

Thanks
Stefan
Not all in one place. If you look at the topics in the Fisker Karma forum, you should be able to figure out the various issues that have popped up since the car deliveries started in December 2011. I would suggest reading the most recent ones first and working your way back since many of the earlier problems were resolved by later software releases.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Fabulist

I alraedy read the way until page 6...

I'm wondering, how you all cope with this issues :s
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
Stefan said:
Thanks Fabulist

I alraedy read the way until page 6...

I'm wondering, how you all cope with this issues :s
Stefan,

One thing to keep in mind is that while there's a fairly large universe of glitches and issues being resolved, most of them happen only sporadically, or only one time. More importantly, every owner has a slightly different experience; I've encountered some of the items mentioned but not others. Some people have had some of the same ones as me and some new ones, while others have had few, if any, in common with me. While there are a lot of possible issues out there, the individual experience is much less frought with problems than reading the forums would lead you to believe.

As I posted in another thread today:

I've had a litany of annoying SW related glitches, most that only happened once or twice (lost presets, no audio, parking sensor wouldn't shut up, etc), a couple persistent issues like the constant CEL light and my audio volume likes to runaway sometimes when I use the steering wheel controls. All of these are annoying but don't distract meaningfully from my ability to enjoy the car. I also expect that all of these will eventually be resolved.

I also had a buzzing from the exhaust heat shield on the driver's side, which was fixed by my dealer.

I have not had any mechanical, performance or safety issues. I've put about 1800 miles on the car now, including an 1100 mile road trip, and the car has done just fine. I really can't wait for the SW gremlins to be fixed, and I fully expect that it will take several releases after 6.15 to get to all of it, but I'm very happy with the car overall.


So as the saying goes, Your Mileage May Vary :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Stefan said:
Thanks Fabulist

I alraedy read the way until page 6...

I'm wondering, how you all cope with this issues :s
As mentioned so far everything I've experienced is sporadic and disappears after a restart. None have affected performance or safety. And the car is so unique, such a pleasure to drive and so damn sexy looking they're quite easy to live with. Imagine being in a relationship with one of the most beautiful women on earth who is also great in the sack and a sweetheart. If she threw an occasional temper tantrum I'd learn to live with it and her lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Karma31 said:
... Imagine being in a relationship with one of the most beautiful women on earth who is also great in the sack and a sweetheart. If she threw an occasional temper tantrum I'd learn to live with it and her lol
That's eaxactly how I see this things!
But there is a kind of payback... e.g. less diamonds per week :D


All of you had have some issues and claim note heving any safety issues.
- Facing runaway volume on a crowded highway at 100+ mph (YES, therea are still countries where we can get this!!! :shy: ) migth slightly redirect your concentration
- crashing your bumper bar, because the beeper is not in the right mood... who will fix it?

A $100.000+ vehicle should not get me into this trouble at all.


Stefan
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,659 Posts
Stefan said:
Karma31 said:
... Imagine being in a relationship with one of the most beautiful women on earth who is also great in the sack and a sweetheart. If she threw an occasional temper tantrum I'd learn to live with it and her lol
That's eaxactly how I see this things!
But there is a kind of payback... e.g. less diamonds per week :D


All of you had have some issues and claim note heving any safety issues.
- Facing runaway volume on a crowded highway at 100+ mph (YES, therea are still countries where we can get this!!! :shy: ) migth slightly redirect your concentration
- crashing your bumper bar, because the beeper is not in the right mood... who will fix it?

A $100.000+ vehicle should not get me into this trouble at all.


Stefan
You want an ordinary life? Get an ordinary car. You want a cool car? You have to pay the price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Fabulist said:
Stefan said:
Karma31 said:
... Imagine being in a relationship with one of the most beautiful women on earth who is also great in the sack and a sweetheart. If she threw an occasional temper tantrum I'd learn to live with it and her lol
That's eaxactly how I see this things!
But there is a kind of payback... e.g. less diamonds per week :D


All of you had have some issues and claim note heving any safety issues.
- Facing runaway volume on a crowded highway at 100+ mph (YES, therea are still countries where we can get this!!! :shy: ) migth slightly redirect your concentration
- crashing your bumper bar, because the beeper is not in the right mood... who will fix it?

A $100.000+ vehicle should not get me into this trouble at all.


Stefan
You want an ordinary life? Get an ordinary car. You want a cool car? You have to pay the price. This may all seem like sport talk right now but when you have safety related issues like black outs, no speedo, strange noises etc its not about the ordinary I have 5 unordinary cars and the Fisker is a deadbeat by a long shot ,nice of you to make excuses for them but there are over 20 reported repeatable problems and some are safety sensitive so the situation is very fragile and Fisker has a huge hole to climb out of.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Stefan said:
Karma31 said:
... Imagine being in a relationship with one of the most beautiful women on earth who is also great in the sack and a sweetheart. If she threw an occasional temper tantrum I'd learn to live with it and her lol
That's eaxactly how I see this things!
But there is a kind of payback... e.g. less diamonds per week :D


All of you had have some issues and claim note heving any safety issues.
- Facing runaway volume on a crowded highway at 100+ mph (YES, therea are still countries where we can get this!!! :shy: ) migth slightly redirect your concentration
- crashing your bumper bar, because the beeper is not in the right mood... who will fix it?

A $100.000+ vehicle should not get me into this trouble at all.


Stefan
I can't agree more!! I do love my Fisker and it is only 4 days old. So sexy, and so much fun, but come on guys, really? I'm a software engineer and this is not good. We must hope that 6.15 will at least "stabalize" these issues and then we can expect upgrades or future versions to address small glitches. At $100,000+ seems like they could have put in place a bit better QA team. I am not a hater. I LOVE my car. I just think a little more testing and effort would have been nice. Hopefully they at least get 97% of the annoying crap fixed in 6.15. Lets hope. Good point Stefan!
 

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
Joined
·
1,217 Posts
VegasKarma said:
I can't agree more!! I do love my Fisker and it is only 4 days old. So sexy, and so much fun, but come on guys, really? I'm a software engineer and this is not good. We must hope that 6.15 will at least "stabalize" these issues and then we can expect upgrades or future versions to address small glitches. At $100,000+ seems like they could have put in place a bit better QA team. I am not a hater. I LOVE my car. I just think a little more testing and effort would have been nice. Hopefully they at least get 97% of the annoying crap fixed in 6.15. Lets hope. Good point Stefan!
I think we will be setting ourselves up for a big disappointment if we expect most or all of the outstanding software issues to be remedied by 6.15. I expect this to be an incremental process where the software gets better with each release, but it will probably take Fisker a number of months to fix all of the problems. In the meantime, it seems most of us are really enjoying our cars!

The early McLaren MP4-12C buyers experienced the same sorts of issues, and that is a car that costs 2.5X the Karma. If fact they still don't have NAV or Bluetooth 8 months after first deliveries.

This is not to make excuses for either Fisker or McLaren, just to say that it is really hard to deliver perfection at first release in these complicated automobiles.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,659 Posts
steveo said:
This may all seem like sport talk right now but when you have safety related issues like black outs, no speedo, strange noises etc its not about the ordinary I have 5 unordinary cars and the Fisker is a deadbeat by a long shot ,nice of you to make excuses for them but there are over 20 reported repeatable problems and some are safety sensitive so the situation is very fragile and Fisker has a huge hole to climb out of.
SteveO: I have no interest in making excuses for Fisker. I would love to have my car upgraded so that it keeps the radio presets and I can use my ipod interface, and I don't have to look at the check engine light all the time.

My point, which was probably lost in the snark, was that when the primary goal is to get a car with no bugs, you can buy established marques, such as BMW, AUDI, Benz, Jaguar, Lexus, etc. and there are plenty of those cars that will work perfectly on day 1 and will keep working without any problems for many many years. But if you are the kind person who buys a Lambo, Ferrari, McLaren, Zonda, etc., reliability and bug-free operation is not the primary criteria, excitement is.

The Karma is not super high performance car, but it is exciting in its own way and that appeals to a lot of people the same way a Lambo would appeal to them, even if the Lambo may not be as reliable as a Lexus. There are problems to be solved here, to be sure, but overall, at least for the owners who contribute to this site, it seems that the positives outweigh the negatives, Obviously, Fisker can rely on this sense of adventure forever and needs to address the problems. My only point was that there are plenty of cars that would give you near-absolute reliability from day 1, but they cannot give you what the Karma does.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Well put Fabulist, I have a Maserati QP and every day is a new adventure. It has 30k miles and I received a "recommended" service list that totalled over $14k. Luv innovation, luv my Karma.


---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?xbmyz1
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
Fabulist said:
My point, which was probably lost in the snark, was that when the primary goal is to get a car with no bugs, you can buy established marques, such as BMW, AUDI, Benz, Jaguar, Lexus, etc. and there are plenty of those cars that will work perfectly on day 1 and will keep working without any problems for many many years. But if you are the kind person who buys a Lambo, Ferrari, McLaren, Zonda, etc., reliability and bug-free operation is not the primary criteria, excitement is.

The Karma is not super high performance car, but it is exciting in its own way and that appeals to a lot of people the same way a Lambo would appeal to them, even if the Lambo may not be as reliable as a Lexus. There are problems to be solved here, to be sure, but overall, at least for the owners who contribute to this site, it seems that the positives outweigh the negatives, Obviously, Fisker can rely on this sense of adventure forever and needs to address the problems. My only point was that there are plenty of cars that would give you near-absolute reliability from day 1, but they cannot give you what the Karma does.
:thumbup:
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top