Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question....

Hoe are you mounting the front license plate on your Karma's? Are you really drilling into the front bumper?
I do have the black plastic mount that came with the car but it brings me pain to consider having to put a hole in the front bumper to mount it.

Also, Can anyone tell me what hardware is used to secure the rear license plate? My hardware is missing and its time to put a plate on. I'd like to use whatever was supplied with the car originally.

if it makes a difference I am installing your typical plate found on cars in the USA

Thanks in advance,
CamboKarma

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Quick question....

Hoe are you mounting the front license plate on your Karma's? Are you really drilling into the front bumper?
I do have the black plastic mount that came with the car but it brings me pain to consider having to put a hole in the front bumper to mount it.

Also, Can anyone tell me what hardware is used to secure the rear license plate? My hardware is missing and its time to put a plate on. I'd like to use whatever was supplied with the car originally.

if it makes a difference I am installing your typical plate found on cars in the USA

Thanks in advance,
CamboKarma
There are a few threads on this, including this one, called, appropriately enough "Front License Plate". Yes, you can drill holes into the facia, or use the tow hook receptacle, like I did. There are also James Bond style retractable number plate holders as well.

·
Early Adopter
1,260 Posts
I used 3M pull sticks on the top and two on the bottom with the tab exposed and then ran fine clear fish wired thru bolt holes and between the grill to lower opening on the mouting kit. on the mounting kit I placed the 4 screws bolt thread facing out -- i secured the bolts back in the read of the kit with glue to hold them in place then placed my plate on the monthing kit and secured the place with washer and nut. here is a picture Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies.
The "Front License Plate" thread was a huge help.

How about the rear license plate mounting screws? Are they machine screws? If so what size and thread? Metric or standard?
Or are they sheet metal screws?

Mounting the license plates are the only thing keeping me from driving my Karma :-(

·
Premium Member
3,078 Posts
You can use large sheet metal screws but what i use a well nut insert you drill a hole in the bumper insert the well nut and when you tighten the well nut it collapes so it acts like a nut. I would need to take pictures so you get the idea but yes you can use sheet metal screws .

·
Registered
2 Posts
License plates are often attached to vehicles using theft-prevention measures, including screws. These screws can damage sensitive components of your vehicle if they are not properly positioned on its surface. The weight of the license plate will pull on these screws over time and can cause frustration when trying to remove them in timely fashion for registration renewal and rotating them every few years in accordance with national regulations for help prevent unscrewing due to corrosion or fusion from vibrations during travel or parking maneuvers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts