Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question....

Hoe are you mounting the front license plate on your Karma's? Are you really drilling into the front bumper?
I do have the black plastic mount that came with the car but it brings me pain to consider having to put a hole in the front bumper to mount it.

Also, Can anyone tell me what hardware is used to secure the rear license plate? My hardware is missing and its time to put a plate on. I'd like to use whatever was supplied with the car originally.

if it makes a difference I am installing your typical plate found on cars in the USA

Thanks in advance,
CamboKarma

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Quick question....

Hoe are you mounting the front license plate on your Karma's? Are you really drilling into the front bumper?
I do have the black plastic mount that came with the car but it brings me pain to consider having to put a hole in the front bumper to mount it.

Also, Can anyone tell me what hardware is used to secure the rear license plate? My hardware is missing and its time to put a plate on. I'd like to use whatever was supplied with the car originally.

if it makes a difference I am installing your typical plate found on cars in the USA

Thanks in advance,
CamboKarma
There are a few threads on this, including this one, called, appropriately enough "Front License Plate". Yes, you can drill holes into the facia, or use the tow hook receptacle, like I did. There are also James Bond style retractable number plate holders as well.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You can also have someone to build a bracket that can screw on the tow hook and install the license plate on that :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes I have installed one of this retractable license plate holders for the dealer in Denver. It worked pretty good. It needed some ingenuity but we got it working :)

·
Early Adopter
1,255 Posts
I used 3M pull sticks on the top and two on the bottom with the tab exposed and then ran fine clear fish wired thru bolt holes and between the grill to lower opening on the mouting kit. on the mounting kit I placed the 4 screws bolt thread facing out -- i secured the bolts back in the read of the kit with glue to hold them in place then placed my plate on the monthing kit and secured the place with washer and nut. here is a picture 600_288292402.jpeg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies.
The "Front License Plate" thread was a huge help.

How about the rear license plate mounting screws? Are they machine screws? If so what size and thread? Metric or standard?
Or are they sheet metal screws?

Mounting the license plates are the only thing keeping me from driving my Karma :-(

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
You can use large sheet metal screws but what i use a well nut insert you drill a hole in the bumper insert the well nut and when you tighten the well nut it collapes so it acts like a nut. I would need to take pictures so you get the idea but yes you can use sheet metal screws .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input.
I did get the plate mounted using #12-24 x 5/8 stainless machine screws.
(Standard thread pitch, not metric)
This seemed to be the correct size screw.

I am now mobile :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts