Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just moving on that's all.

To be honest I never liked the sound of the engine in the Karma. Most of the time loud and embarrassing. Made me feel like I'm driving a GREAT LOOKING kit car with a PONTIAC FIERO engine. But in battery mode car was AWESOME but that only lasted me for average of 35-40 miles (NOT 50).

So I just went back to BENTLEY.
I must say that it was a learning experience driving my Fisker tho.

WOJO

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Nothing wrong with that, Wojo. I'm sure you're having fun and that's what it's all about. I woke up one day and decided I was tired of my Lambo. Sold it last week (in one day). Not nearly tired of my Karma though. Still in love.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Sorry to know we will be losing you as a fellow owner. I have to say I agree with your assessment that the ICE does not sound great (though I don't think it is awful either). Happily, I'm able to operate my car pretty much exclusively in Stealth.

·
320 Posts
Just moving on that's all.

To be honest I never liked the sound of the engine in the Karma. Most of the time loud and embarrassing. Made me feel like I'm driving a GREAT LOOKING kit car with a PONTIAC FIERO engine. But in battery mode car was AWESOME but that only lasted me for average of 35-40 miles (NOT 50).

So I just went back to BENTLEY.
I must say that it was a learning experience driving my Fisker tho.

WOJO
FYI: The mid engined Pontiac Fiero had a 98hp 4 cyl engine, not 260hp.

Yes, the motor sound can be a little obtrusive, but I take offense to the snobby kit car comment. If you are referring to the Karma as having been hand-built, then a Ferrari would also qualify as a kit car. Software aside, the Karma is cutting edge technology; the wave of the future. The interior of the Karma is as luxurious as a Bentley, for one third the price. It is better looking than any Bentley and attracts more attention than a Bentley. I guess if you are 60+ years old, smoke a pipe, and don't know the value of a hard-earned dollar, then the Bentley would be more your style. Sounds like just another spoiled little rich kid who got tired of his recent new toy and just wants another (not unlike Sigurd who woke up one day "tired of his Lambo"). I hope you both wake up one day and find yourself homeless, sleeping under a bridge and owning the embarrasing Fisker or boring Lamborghini was just a dream! A learning experience......

P.S. did either of you read Richie Rich comic books as a kid?

·
Registered
854 Posts
FYI: The mid engined Pontiac Fiero had a 98hp 4 cyl engine, not 260hp.

Yes, the motor sound can be a little obtrusive, but I take offense to the snobby kit car comment. If you are referring to the Karma as having been hand-built, then a Ferrari would also qualify as a kit car. Software aside, the Karma is cutting edge technology; the wave of the future. The interior of the Karma is as luxurious as a Bentley, for one third the price. It is better looking than any Bentley and attracts more attention than a Bentley. I guess if you are 60+ years old, smoke a pipe, and don't know the value of a hard-earned dollar, then the Bentley would be more your style. Sounds like just another spoiled little rich kid who got tired of his recent new toy and just wants another (not unlike Sigurd who woke up one day "tired of his Lambo"). I hope you both wake up one day and find yourself homeless, sleeping under a bridge and owning the embarrasing Fisker or boring Lamborghini was just a dream! A learning experience......

P.S. did either of you read Richie Rich comic books as a kid?
That's a tad over the top, isn't it. People are entitled to their own opinions.

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
I think this picture from one of WOJO's earlier posts may explain it :)

·
Registered
457 Posts
I don't get the above comments... Someone who used to be accepted because they had the same car as you all is now villianized because he felt the car wasn't for him and made the decision to simply move on?

Aye...

·
Early Adopter
1,256 Posts
I don't get the above comments... Someone who used to be accepted because they had the same car as you all is now villianized because he felt the car wasn't for him and made the decision to simply move on?

Aye...
You are so right "AnOutsider", no room on this board for slander and rude remarks -- to each his own.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
So sorry you wish me bad luck Eric. I hope you find some happiness in your life. Also, it is strange you lumped me in with WOJO as he had his Karma for maybe 6 months before being tired of it, while I owned my Lamborghini for 4 years and 6 months. Things changed in my life and my priorities are now different. I have a son that is 17 months old and it was difficult to find time to drive the 2 seat Lambo. I found that it was sitting in my garage most of the time. What I became real excited about was to switch my equity from the Lambo to a condo in Winter Park, Colorado so we as a family could spend time in that environment, and that's what I did.
Snap judgements are ok to make. Snap judgements about others I would suggest you keep to yourself as you don't have the full story. As for you wishing I find myself homeless someday, I am so sorry for you that you have that sort of hate inside.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts