Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear members,

This week my Fisker arrived. It is an EcoSport Dutch edition, VIN# 1609 and regulary serviced at Kroymans. The car is in excellent condition except that I noticed after some rain showers that the lower compartment in the trunk is filled with water and fungus growing at different places!? It seems the space below the floor of the trunk gets full of water that perculates upward through the fabricfloor of the trunk. Any idea what place can be the cause of the leakage? Is anyone of you familiar with this defect?

At the right side, left upward from the fuel filler cover, I see that two body panels make contact. Can this be the cause?

Thanks in advance for your knowledge.

Bart

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
The best way to check this problem is to remove the truck linings and covers put someone in the trunk and water test the car you will find the leak that way I do it all the time. Also check where the taillamps bolt through the truck they shock have some sticky tape on them. Located behind the truck panel

·
Registered
888 Posts
Adam, are you using some form of voice recognition?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your advice. The issue will be taken care of by a Fisker dedicated repair garage. I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Adam: you put someone INSIDE the trunk. LOL - That's hilarious!! :D:D
Who is THAT lucky guy? And he has to do it "all the time". wow. I can't even fit a golf bag in there, so you must have a smurf working with you. :p

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello all,

Today I went to J & F Cars in Tilburg, The Netherlands, to get the issue solved. It appeared a modification was not done during regular service. The modification was very simple: In the lower compartment of the trunk, after removing the fabric, some rubber seal rings become vissible. These rings should be 'perforated' by a drill and the water poors out. That's all.

Why this wasn't done earlier is strange because other modifications to prevent getting water in the trunk were taken care off...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts