Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Although the Fisker sign has been replaced with "Volvo," Fisker of Silicon Valley still exists – at least as a de-facto Karma dealership. Besides their new and used inventory, I recently learned that they were the only dealership left in California still servicing Karmas. Yes, you’ll have to pay for warranty service, but if and when FA resurrects itself or has a warranty account set aside by the BK court, they’ll submit your claims and try to get you reimbursed. Under the current circumstances, folks, that’s as good as it gets.

I stopped at FSV last week (it was the first time since I bought my Karma five months ago) and spoke with the Service Manager, Daryl, and his head Fisker mechanic, Mike.

Daryl showed me two Karmas awaiting service. One had just arrived from Las Vegas with a mechanical issue and another had been in a bad head-on. It was difficult to look at. Daryl said that the owner loved the car so much, he didn’t want the insurance company to total it. He wanted Daryl to fix it, which he will try to do.

Then as a pure courtesy (I wasn’t there for a maintenance issue), Mike went on a 15-minute ride with me in the hills around Palo Alto, and listened for issues with the RDM, the TMs, exhaust cans, the ICE, the HSS, etc. He explained what sounds were normal in Stealth and Sport Mode, and what sounds or indicator lights should make you sit up and take notice. For example, the CEL hasn’t been an issue for me (especially lately), but Mike said that the software is still buggy and if you do something out of the ordinary, something the Karma doesn’t expect, that can trigger the light. However, if the CEL doesn’t reset, it can be caused by a fault in the ECM.

The only noise we heard in Sport was a very slight and occasional resonance in the left exhaust can, which Mike said was a bracket issue that should be addressed if it gets louder and more frequent. But basically, the car is doing great and needs no maintenance right now. In fact, I had 33 miles of EV range left after an 18-mile trip to the dealership, and Mike and Daryl thought that was a great indication of battery health. I also had several gallons of gas left from the dealer’s original fill-up in February. I’m averaging close to 500 mpg.

This is a classy dealership that also sells and services McLarens. And it’s clear that they know and love Karmas. In fact, Daryl told me if I needed service, he’d personally pick the car up from my house, get it repaired, and bring it back. There are at least 10 of us driving Karmas around the Bay Area that I’m aware of and I’m sure he’d make the same arrangement for other owners.

Daryl is keeping abreast of the latest company news and badly wants FA to survive. In the meantime, he asked me relay the fact that the dealership is very much alive and well, and will do whatever they can to keep Karmas on the road. Of course, the biggest issue is parts and if any of you out there want to buy or sell parts, or are parting out a car, feel free to contact Daryl at: [email protected] or (650) 815-4472.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I will confirm that Daryl, Mike and Matt at FSV are the greatest. I've been working with them since day one and feel very fortunate to have their support. They have addressed all of the issues that I'm aware of before Fisker went dark. They were pro-active in that they took care of problems that I didn't even know I had. Always a pleasure to work with.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
I will confirm that Daryl, Mike and Matt at FSV are the greatest. I've been working with them since day one and feel very fortunate to have their support. They have addressed all of the issues that I'm aware of before Fisker went dark. They were pro-active in that they took care of problems that I didn't even know I had. Always a pleasure to work with.
The crew at the former Fisker Marin (part of the same dealership family) are also top notch and have been providing great service before, during, and since the great fall. Tom Price deserves accolades for keeping faith with, and continuing to support, the owners who bought their Karmas from his dealerships. I would not hesitate to buy another car from them if/when the time comes.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
FYI Fisker Santa Monica still has their dealership license and they are servicing Karmas for non-EV powertrain related issues (at owners' cost).

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
I dealt with the parts manager on more then one occasion they also have a very large selection of parts in stock .

·
Registered
996 Posts
Great service department, I have dealt with them numerous times and they have a ton of parts in stock. The service manager is very knowledgeable and helped me solve a problem that a local tech could not solve. Very honest and great to deal with. I wish there was a dealership in So Cal like this but I would not hesitate sending my car up to Fisker SV if needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts