Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
IMHO, this is much more useful for public parking stations to avoid the complications of dealing with a long heavy cable and the plug. Not sure if I would spend the extra money to save the minute it takes to plug or unplug at home.

What I would really like to see is inductive charging from the road, like the one being tested in South Korea.
Besides the coolness factor, what I like about this (and the Korean OLEV underground charging solution) is that you can install these chargers in more locations than are currently possible. Also you wouldn't have to worry about the weather. How many EV owners cringe at the thought of charging their vehicles during heavy rain or a winter storm? In that case, ICE takes on an entirely different meaning.

If the charging station tax credit is applicable, this concept would be more attractive for consumers and especially for businesses. A business might be able to dedicate several "green" charging spaces - say, in an employee parking lot - and do it for little or no cost. This is from Plug In America:

"The EV infrastructure tax credit on an EV charge station is 30% up to $1000 for consumers and 30% up to $30,000 for businesses. Plug In America has worked hard to renew this key credit and extend it through 2013."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts