Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a way to disable the key fob from lowering all the windows when you hold the Unlock button? I know this is supposed to be a feature but it's the only regular 'glitch' I experience with the Karma -- guess my jeans pockets are too tight :) I trigger it accidentally about once a week and one of these days a real rainstorm will come along and give my Karma the Hurricane Sandy treatment!

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
Has anyone found a way to disable the key fob from lowering all the windows when you hold the Unlock button? I know this is supposed to be a feature but it's the only regular 'glitch' I experience with the Karma -- guess my jeans pockets are too tight :) I trigger it accidentally about once a week and one of these days a real rainstorm will come along and give my Karma the Hurricane Sandy treatment!
There's no way to defeat it that I'm aware of. There's also no comparable "roll them all up" button on the key fob. I provided this feedback to Fisker a long while back but I don't know if or when they're ever going to act on it.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
All the cars I've worked on over the years I've only ever seen the roll down feature never a roll up feature I believe it has too do with a safety issue even though many cars have a pressure sensitive widow regulator

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've had the same issue, can't tell you how many times i've come out of a restaurant after dinner to find all the windows down....a thief, vandal, or a thunderstorm is gonna nail me eventually, is really un-nerving when it happens, the usual culprit is the flat face on my iphone, the elevated unlock button pushes against it & bingo, they go down or as you said, can just get mashed in your pocket. I emailed Fisker about this a few months ago...no response, i think they have bigger fish to fry right now, would be nice to simply be able to defeat it in the settings in the command center. LOVE my car, would like to defeat that feature though for sure.

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
All the cars I've worked on over the years I've only ever seen the roll down feature never a roll up feature I believe it has too do with a safety issue even though many cars have a pressure sensitive widow regulator
My last car (an MB convertible) allowed me to roll down or roll up all windows, and open or close the top via the key fob. Of course, it was IR line-of-sight so it had it's own issues.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I've had the same issue, can't tell you how many times i've come out of a restaurant after dinner to find all the windows down....a thief, vandal, or a thunderstorm is gonna nail me eventually, is really un-nerving when it happens, the usual culprit is the flat face on my iphone, the elevated unlock button pushes against it & bingo, they go down or as you said, can just get mashed in your pocket. I emailed Fisker about this a few months ago...no response, i think they have bigger fish to fry right now, would be nice to simply be able to defeat it in the settings in the command center. LOVE my car, would like to defeat that feature though for sure.
Hm, maybe someone should make a "Fisker Frob": a smooth holder with some padding arranged such that the buttons don't get pressed.

Someone with sewing skills (i.e., not me) could probably sew one out of leather, perhaps with a zipper on it or maybe it could just fold.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
I had the dreaded all windows down action happen once during dinner while a thunderstorm passed over us. Car was soaked inside. Not fun.
I've only had it happen a couple of other times. One was last week. This feature should really be inactivated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts