Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lost my key fob. And dropped the other one. I need a fob and need to program it. Any help? I still have the one fob but lost the chrome price in the middle so I can still use the car. Will keep it as a back up

·
Registered
535 Posts
Search the boards - I'm pretty sure this has come up several times before and someone had a fix.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Lost my key fob. And dropped the other one. I need a fob and need to program it. Any help? I still have the one fob but lost the chrome price in the middle so I can still use the car. Will keep it as a back up
New keys are available to purchase but you need to,have two new style keys and the Fisker lap top in order to program the keys . If your orginal key doesn't have a yellow mark inside where the battery is it might not program. Choices here are to bring the car into a Fisker dealer have keys programmed the other choice is remove the VCM and send the VCM and keys to Fisker and have them programmed that way .

Forgot to mention the car can only have two keys programmed to it so the key that lost the buttons too has to used as the spare and purchase a new one for the main key . If you only have one valet key you would need to buy a set of valet keys and lock cylinder Fisker doesn't sell a single valet key . I see your located in Orlando might want to check with Fields if they will program it . If not a trip to my dealership might be in your future .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have been to your dealership before and you ran a diagnostics on my car. everything was good. i dont mind coming down there to get the new fob programmed. there is a guy on here that has a working FOB that he can sell me. what do i need to ask to insure that this FOB can be programmed to my car? and i noticed that there looks like there is a set screw holding in the metal KEY inside the fob. if this fob has that, where can i get a blank key and get it cut for my car? any help would be great. i lost one of my original key FOB when i went to miami last month. :(

thank you

New keys are available to purchase but you need to,have two new style keys and the Fisker lap top in order to program the keys . If your orginal key doesn't have a yellow mark inside where the battery is it might not program. Choices here are to bring the car into a Fisker dealer have keys programmed the other choice is remove the VCM and send the VCM and keys to Fisker and have them programmed that way .

Forgot to mention the car can only have two keys programmed to it so the key that lost the buttons too has to used as the spare and purchase a new one for the main key . If you only have one valet key you would need to buy a set of valet keys and lock cylinder Fisker doesn't sell a single valet key . I see your located in Orlando might want to check with Fields if they will program it . If not a trip to my dealership might be in your future .

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
The metal key which is the Valet isn't held in with anything push the button on the side and it comes out . You can buy a blank valet and have it cut you need to buy a lock set which comes with two valet keys and a new lock cylinder for the passenger door . Need to open the back cover like you were going to change the key fob battery and look for a yellow dot next to the word CE if it doesn't have a yellow dot it won't program .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't think it will shut off and I wasn't driving it. I just lost the fob. And the other fob lost the silver Fisker logo in the middle

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can drive it until you turn the car off

hey Harleyguy, i got a guy on here that says he pulled the door of the key and it says CE, Philly says it can be programmed. is this true so i can buy the key fob? then i can run it down to you and you can sell me an FOB install and a service for my car. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts