Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I have key fobs available. The hard part is getting it programmed to the car. I'll PM you.

·
Registered
99 Posts
dumb question: How does one replace the battery in the key fob? Does it lose its 'programming' to the car? I am not worried about the key1 key 2 settings, just the fact it 'knows' the code to unlock my car. I am reluctant to replace the battery before I know for sure.

Also, has anyone run into this situation: When I park in a certain parking lot, my key fob will not unlock the car. I have to unlock it manually and then turn off the alarm from inside the car. I am guessing interference or maybe the NSA is tracking my movements 'cause they like my car.

·
Registered
886 Posts
As we moved to our current house, I figured, that the keys of my cars or my visitor's cars aren't working verry well... We had to go really close to the cars, to get it working. Really felt like empty batteries.... But almost all cars???
Additionally, wifi had bad ranges here...
I ordered a governmental department, which handles misuses of radio frequencies, to check it for me. A day later, I got a call, that they have 'fixed' it.
A neighbor was operating a radio transmitting headphone, which doesn't follow the protocol and constantly blew its music at full rate :)
I feel sorry for them, as this might have cost a fortune (test & fine), but now I'm fine.

Maybe this is something similar in your area.

·
Registered
282 Posts
As we moved to our current house, I figured, that the keys of my cars or my visitor's cars aren't working verry well... We had to go really close to the cars, to get it working. Really felt like empty batteries.... But almost all cars???
Additionally, wifi had bad ranges here...
I ordered a governmental department, which handles misuses of radio frequencies, to check it for me. A day later, I got a call, that they have 'fixed' it.
A neighbor was operating a radio transmitting headphone, which doesn't follow the protocol and constantly blew its music at full rate :)
I feel sorry for them, as this might have cost a fortune (test & fine), but now I'm fine.

Maybe this is something similar in your area.
Reminds me of a great book I read : "Dirty Electricity" by Sam Milham

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
dumb question: How does one replace the battery in the key fob? Does it lose its 'programming' to the car? I am not worried about the key1 key 2 settings, just the fact it 'knows' the code to unlock my car. I am reluctant to replace the battery before I know for sure.

Also, has anyone run into this situation: When I park in a certain parking lot, my key fob will not unlock the car. I have to unlock it manually and then turn off the alarm from inside the car. I am guessing interference or maybe the NSA is tracking my movements 'cause they like my car.
We have that problem at one of my sister dealership there is at least 6 Radio Towers in a small area of space . When they are all up and running at one time we have problems with alarm remotes so yes I've seen it .

·
Registered
913 Posts
We have that problem at one of my sister dealership there is at least 6 Radio Towers in a small area of space . When they are all up and running at one time we have problems with alarm remotes so yes I've seen it .
Yes, if transmit and receive anntenae were perfect, you would not get bleed-over from them, but they're not, so you do. Put enough RF energy out at some AM or FM radio frequency and it will have harmonics everywhere. (I don't know what range key fobs use these days. Hm, Wikipedia says: "Most RKEs operate at a frequency of 315 MHz for North America-made cars and at 433.92 MHz for European, Japanese and Asian cars." Note that AM radio is 530 to 1600 kHz and FM is 88 to 108 MHz. Assuming these are accurate, right around "FM 105", the third harmonic would be perfectly placed to interfere with a US car Remote Keyless Entry system...)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts