Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't drive my Karma for about three weeks and forgot to put it on a battery tender. Now when I jump it, it works fine, but as soon as I shut it down it won't restart. I have let the car run for a couple of hours and have driven it for 20 miles or more after jumping it, and it still dies as soon as I shut it off. Is this a simple case of a dead battery? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
I didn't drive my Karma for about three weeks and forgot to put it on a battery tender. Now when I jump it, it works fine, but as soon as I shut it down it won't restart. I have let the car run for a couple of hours and have driven it for 20 miles or more after jumping it, and it still dies as soon as I shut it off. Is this a simple case of a dead battery? Thanks in advance.
Replace the 12 volt battery

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks Harleyguy! Is replacing the 12v battery something any good mechanic can handle or do I need a certified Fisker Karma mechanic?
I replaced my own 12v battery a couple years ago. There are videos out there on where it is. In short, if you can jack up the front passenger side, take off a wheel, and remove the wheel well flashing you should be good. Oh, and small hands don’t hurt.

-jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts