Votes: 27 84.4%
  • Fisker EMotion

Votes: 5 15.6%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What car do you like better based on the design?
  1. Fisker Karma
  2. Fisker EMotion

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know new cars, new technology is preferred. I am talking strickly based on the design of the car. The first look. That moment when somebody walks by and sees it. You know what I mean, because we own the Karma. Do you think the EMotion will capture the same glares?

I don't think it does. It looks like the VLF Force 1 in a Sedan. Henrik is stuck on this design and I don't see the vision of this design. The Karma just has those lines and these designs just seem to lack elegance. The front end is to choppy, to many edges.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
We only have seen three rendered images of the EMotion, and it's difficult to judge what the entire car would look like based on the information we have so far. I am sure it will be a stunningly beautiful car, but based on what I have seen so far, it's very difficult for me to make a comparison with my beloved Karma.

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
Prefer Karma, would likely get the Force One over the EMotion. Seeing the two letters EM makes me think of Elon Musk, just like the purported name "Elux"

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Latest post from Henrik showing the EMotion being sculpted in clay. Would be great to see a full-sized version.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Another teaser image, this one showing the rear of the EMotion. Looks very sculpted, and I really like the low-key integrated spoiler.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Ditto. Except for the chrome segment under the trunk. There may be practical reason - such as scuff resistance - but less is more, IMHO.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Ditto. Except for the chrome segment under the trunk. There may be practical reason - such as scuff resistance - but less is more, IMHO.

I don't think that's chrome. It looks more like LED backup lights, like in the Karma.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts

I don't think that's chrome. It looks more like LED backup lights, like in the Karma, just longer.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I love the design. To me, it looks like a refreshed design of the back of the Fisker with more "muscle". I'm glad he kept the "Fisker" logo, it looks good back there!

I wish Henrik would've released front, side and top pictures. Oh well, more teasers to look forward to.

·
Early Adopter
1,259 Posts
well until i see more, i'll hold judgement, but first glance, little or no panel gaps in the rear image (emotion 1, karma 0) , scissor doors (emotion 1, karma 0), Henrik learning a lesson from his karma experiment (CIU and back seats) - priceless.

so given what i've seen so far, emotion would be my daily, but past experience tells me to hold judgement. LOL

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
well until i see more, i'll hold judgement, but first glance, little or no panel gaps in the rear image (emotion 1, karma 0) , scissor doors (emotion 1, karma 0), Henrik learning a lesson from his karma experiment (CIU and back seats) - priceless.

so given what i've seen so far, emotion would be my daily, but past experience tells me to hold judgement. LOL
I agree with reserving judgment, particularly since all the images released to date have been renderings from digital design data, not photos of actual physical cars. I saw a photo of Henrik working out he clay full-sized model, which when completed, should give us a lot more information.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Personally--ONLY design being taken into consideration--from every image I've seen I don't feel there's much of a comparison. As Karma owners, you're stopped constantly by people because of how beautiful the car looks. I think you'd be asked a lot about this new Fisker a bunch, but not for the same reasons. Nobody is going to look at this and say "Is that a new Maserati or Aston" like I get all the time followed up by the "well...that car is beautiful/gorgeous." It is more likely people would ask if George Jetson is locked in the trunk.

I'd love what is being claimed to be under the hood and the mechanics of it, but I'm not digging these lines. Hard to really compare? I'd compare this more to my Lotus Evora and I can say my Evora doesn't get the same love as my Karma.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
What car do you like better based on the design?
I really was not liking the initial version of the front end. Way too may lines making it complicated instead of the beauty of simplicity.... but they pulled the front end picture from their site... I don't think we can make an informed decision without seeing the final product.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Probably need a new post titled "Fisker EMotion", and to incorporate the thread "a more compelling picture", but until then, there is a good summary of all the pictures at

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/...ile-electric-sedan-to-debut-august-17#image=7

... including news of an August 17 debut?! (my wife's bday too.... hmm).

I'm astounded that Henrik could have a car on the road, after coming out of nowhere only a few short months ago with the design, and beat Karma Automotive to the punch despite KA having the backing of a Chinese Billionaire, and recently spending $56M on purchasing its HQ in California: http://www.ocregister.com/2017/04/07/karma-buys-headquarters-for-56-25-million/.

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
I'm astounded that Henrik could have a car on the road, after coming out of nowhere only a few short months ago with the design, and beat Karma Automotive to the punch despite KA having the backing of a Chinese Billionaire, and recently spending $56M on purchasing its HQ in California: http://www.ocregister.com/2017/04/07/karma-buys-headquarters-for-56-25-million/.
Well, "debut" and "available for purchase" are very different things. Remember, the Fisker Karma debuted in January of 2008 at the NA International Auto Show but first customer deliveries didn't start until four years later. I was in the first wave of orders and I took delivery in February 2012. (The first retail deliveries happened in November of 2011). For all of its delay, KA is way ahead of Fisker, Inc. in terms of having a car actually on the market and available for purchase.

·
Registered
536 Posts
That is true, but then again KA's car is basically a 2012+. I guess the real competition will be between KA's "act II", and the EMotion. New poll: which will come first?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts