Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to prove that the world (well, at least the automotive community) still cares about new technology, my Eclipse EcoSport took Best of Class in last weekend's 2013 Vail Automotive Classic. There was a Volt, a Leaf, some other GM hybrid and a Tesla Roadster among others in the mix, but Karma took 1st. Luckily there was no performance test in the competition, as I had a CEL the first morning of the two-day show, but all she had to do was look good, and she did.
Over 200 total cars in the show, along with a few dozen planes and helicopters. The picture in the upper left is me receiving the award from Indy 500 winner (and longtime friend and Vailite) Buddy Lazier, while, as you can see, the upper right is a close up of the award.
I spent two solid days answering the same questions (Is that thing electric? Is that a solar panel? How fast does it go? How much did it cost?) along with a few newer ones (Didn't they go bankrupt? This is made by Tesla, right?) and loved every minute of it.
This picture was taken along Gore Creek Drive, which is normally pedestrian only, on Sunday morning.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Congratulations! There are very few cars that compare to the Karma's styling. Hopefully we will see more in the future.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Congratulations. The Tesla roadster must have been the only real competitor in terms of styling. Can't see a Volt or Leaf ever winning one of these.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I just entered mine in a classic car show in Watermill NY. No competition just exhibition. I also entered my 54 GMC Pick Up, and my friends 53 Packard Carribbean.

Be assured that it was the Fisker that drew the most attention and the same questions posted by Richard Carnes. It was a hoot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts