Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stiffener bar under the hood kept getting loose as the bolt was partially stripped and couldn't be torqued down very hard. I've now rethreaded the M10x1.5 threads with Helicoils purchased on Amazon. The result is that the threads are now as good as new, no, actually better than new as they are now stainless steel rather than aluminum. I can now torque down the stiffener bar enough that it will no longer come loose.
The item is:

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
The two cross bars that go from the firewall to the strut towers . It also has the black bar from side to side to the strut towers .

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My stiffener bar under the hood kept getting loose as the bolt was partially stripped and couldn't be torqued down very hard. I've now rethreaded the M10x1.5 threads with Helicoils purchased on Amazon. The result is that the threads are now as good as new, no, actually better than new as they are now stainless steel rather than aluminum. I can now torque down the stiffener bar enough that it will no longer come loose.
The item is: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002SRF80?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
Here's a picture showing the two T50 M10x1.5 bolts that I added the Helicoils too. Also, when I cut the Helicoil threads I use a cutting fluid to insure I got real clean threads before adding the Helicoils.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts