Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know who the OEM of the Karma's stereo system is?

Since my first test drive, I've been quite impressed with the sound. I'm no audiophile but I'd have to say it's easily the best stock system I've had in any of my cars.

·
Registered
483 Posts
visteon makes the headunit & speakers.

audiophiles say it sucks but i really like it and im a beginner audiophile

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
I have to say I've been disappointed with the Karma's "premium" sound system. Thought it was just my silver Karma that maybe lost some quality due to early Bluetooth crackle and sound level damage, but having ridden in a few other Karmas and now having a second, seems to be that's how they all sound. The stock system in the premium trim Q5 sounds noticeably better to my ear, as does the system in the highest spec trim of the new Grand Cherokee. I think the Karma has good bass but the mid range sounds too muddy for my liking.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
It definitely needs some work I will give you that. Fisker was working with Alpine at one point to do some upgrades but nothing ever came of it....
I will say the sound system was the least disappointing part of the Karma however.. (ahem.. acceleration! EV range! gas MPG! haha)

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
A few months back I made contact with the engineer from Visteon who worked with Fisker on this system and like every other engineer I've contacted from other manufactures Fisker didn't take any of there advice on how the system should perform .
Seems like everyone fought with them this is part of the reason why we are where we are now

·
320 Posts
It definitely needs some work I will give you that. Fisker was working with Alpine at one point to do some upgrades but nothing ever came of it....
Finally someone who agrees the Fisker sound system is good, but lacking! Problem is I can't find an auto stero shop willing to even consider making upgrades on a Fisker. They aren't willing to experiment or take the challenge.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Theres nothing special about the speakers or tweeters those can be replaced. Even the amplifier(s) shouldn't be much trouble to replace I would think. I'm sure if you find someone really good they'd be able to set up some kind of carputer to run everything.

Nothing is impossible, just expensive.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Does the chic and sport has same stereo?
To me Stereo is fine same quality as Bose in panamera streaming via blue on both cars using iPhone I don't see different between Bose in panamera and the fisker .. Except for blue tooth crackle noise

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
102 Posts
The Bose on my Panamera 4S and the factory unit in my Eco Chic are about equal with a few variations that are subject to taste rather than quality. The Fisker has more (sometimes way too much) bass and it is impacting mid range clarity. Both tested with the same digital source.

·
Registered
28 Posts
ill tell you I have the ecostandard and the stereo definitely is lacking (lower wattage system than sport and standard and no sub in the back) so Id be very interested to hear if anyone has done an upgrade because I really would like to upgrade my system

·
Registered
185 Posts
The Bose on my Panamera 4S and the factory unit in my Eco Chic are about equal with a few variations that are subject to taste rather than quality. The Fisker has more (sometimes way too much) bass and it is impacting mid range clarity. Both tested with the same digital source.
This exactly what I noticed
More and better bass what I always wished Bose has..
Sound like burmester which us 8k option on panamera

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
I have this car in the shop
Custom over head console with Radar Detector and a Addison audio control

Custom Sub box and three JL audio Amps not sure what amperage

·
Registered
197 Posts
ill tell you I have the ecostandard and the stereo definitely is lacking (lower wattage system than sport and standard and no sub in the back) so Id be very interested to hear if anyone has done an upgrade because I really would like to upgrade my system
I also have an EcoStandard, however, my sound is great. Not too much base like the ES or EC. The midrange is super clear, and with such a quiet enviroment in Stealth, the wattage is plenty. I may be interested in a better equilizer in the future. Just my 2cents.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have this car in the shop
Custom over head console with Radar Detector and a Addison audio control

Custom Sub box and three JL audio Amps not sure what amperage

This has passport radar
With 4 out side sensors
I had that one on my jaguar xfr
Can you see where they mounted the front sensors ?
Should be 3 front and one in the back

1 - 18 of 18 Posts