Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone spotted this black-silver Karma during a test drive near the Valmet plant in Finland. The website that published it was really really afraid it would not get credit for it, so they ruined the pictures. But we can still see the car :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
Here is a link to the Fisker Karma page on the website (http://goo.gl/nNGsK). Nice photos.

-- Fab.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fabulist said:
Here is a link to the Fisker Karma page on the website (http://goo.gl/nNGsK). Nice photos.

-- Fab.
The red car was on display at the AutoRai car show in Amsterdam in april.

In the picture taken on April 27 it is being driven from the car show in Amsterdam to Hilversum, where it went on display for a week at importer/dealership Kroymans. In the other picture, taken on May 5, it is being transported to Brussels airport, to be airlifted back to the US.

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
More coverage of Fisker test drives in Finland. http://goo.gl/Hbir9

·
Registered
68 Posts
Fabulist said:
Production to start in autumn it says... so Sept/Oct/Nov?!

If they were testing over the last two weeks it would kind of make sense....

·
Registered
61 Posts
jeroen said:
Fabulist said:
Production to start in autumn it says... so Sept/Oct/Nov?!

If they were testing over the last two weeks it would kind of make sense....
Hmmm. So much for my August 30th production date. Unless, that is, Fisker has managed to change the autumnal equinox to August 29th. Man, these delays are frustrating.

SoFla

On order: Ecosport - Shadow exterior – Canyon Tritone interior (estimated delivery ~ October 1, 2011)

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
Soflauthor said:
Hmmm. So much for my August 30th production date. Unless, that is, Fisker has managed to change the autumnal equinox to August 29th. Man, these delays are frustrating.
I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in the reporting on a local blog in Finland based on an undisclosed source. And who knows, maybe the Finns start their Autumn in late August.

Besides, I am sure if there had been another delay, Fisker would have immediately notified all of us and made sure we are fully informed of the reasons and impact, (Harris, I am looking at you) Right?

-- Fab.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Although it does worry me a bit that they are still testing the car when production is supposed to be underway (I know of some dealer vehicles that are supposed to be in production right this week), I don't know how much to read into this. I never followed the birth of a new car this close - I guess no-one of us did - and don't know if it is normal to be testing in such a late stage. It also depends on what exactly is being tested.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
does anyone know if the car will have bluetooth? would be such a miss if you couldn't have handsfree cell calls in this car.... also a shame there's no custom iphone/ipod cradle....

Dutch said:
Although it does worry me a bit that they are still testing the car when production is supposed to be underway (I know of some dealer vehicles that are supposed to be in production right this week), I don't know how much to read into this. I never followed the birth of a new car this close - I guess no-one of us did - and don't know if it is normal to be testing in such a late stage. It also depends on what exactly is being tested.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Yes, it has Bluetooth integration for hands-free cell phone calls. I am just curious if one can still use one's phone as a USB audio device at the same time. I am not sure if it was my Palm Pre not allowing it of the Hyundai Santa Fe that would not allow it. Anyone know of a phone-car combination that lets them use the phone as a USB audio device while still allowing the Bluetooth phone connectivity simultaneously?

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Dutch said:
I never followed the birth of a new car this close - I guess no-one of us did - and don't know if it is normal to be testing in such a late stage. It also depends on what exactly is being tested.
I have closely followed several new car launches and I can confirm that this late-testing activity is routine, even by large manufacturers.

For all we know, at this point Fisker may be testing improvements and/or new features to add into future model years.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Fabulist said:
Soflauthor said:
I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in the reporting on a local blog in Finland based on an undisclosed source. And who knows, maybe the Finns start their Autumn in late August.

Besides, I am sure if there had been another delay, Fisker would have immediately notified all of us and made sure we are fully informed of the reasons and impact, (Harris, I am looking at you) Right?

-- Fab.
Fab,

You will know what I know...

David Harris Fisker Automotive.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
very cool! in the last part of the video, i did not hear the tron sound....odd.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dave Donaldson posted this nice picture on Facebook of a white Karma driving near Irvine/Tustin. It is probably one of the two white cars from the six cars that were on display at the parking lot in Anaheim. White looks very good on the Karma.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts