Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would love to know who ended up buying a recently listed karma for 30k...was in Alabama if i recall....battery was shot.....hope it was one of the techs on here and not some unsuspecting buyer....

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
No idea about the car do you know of the listing ? I had a Karma go to auction that ended up in Texas for 30K wonder if it was resold

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YH4K14AA1CA000923

Heres the vin....was at a dealer in Huntsville Alabama

I almost jumped on it but scared me about the battery being dead....was "new", never registered....looked up vin and looked like no recalls were done also...

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I worked with the guy that bought it. He's closing the deal tomorrow. Actually made out real good. Car has 600 miles untitled so still tax rebate eligible and gets original owner warranty! Car is being shipped directly up here to be gone over. I think it was more that 30 though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
@FiskerPhilly How can we find out if the car is still tax eligible? I remember there was a website, but I can't find it. The one I found isn't working anymore.

I'm looking at Karmas in Chicago and there's one by my house that has 1,460 miles, which is why I'm wondering if it was ever registered. It's also going for $59k, but I feel I could get it down significantly since it's been on their site for a while.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Also if anyone have a posting that shows how much the car was sold for and miles, etc, if they could post it on here that'd be great. Could be used as a great negotiating tool.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I have the car here.
redid the battery and a bunch of upgrading but I'm not at liberty to discuss what the owner paid. He did well, I will say that.
as far as tax credit eligibility, send me a VIN and I will find out for you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
@FiskerPhilly the vin #'s are below:

1) YH4K14AA9CA000393
2) YH4K16AA5CA000192
3) YH4K14AAXCA000886
4) YH4K14AA3CA000907

2-4 have probably been credited already, but 1's mileage is so low that I'm not sure if it's had an actual owner yet. If you are able to let me know how to look it up/find more info about each car, I'd appreciate it. I'd like to find a Karma that I can get a tax credit on.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
@FiskerPhilly the vin #'s are below:

1) YH4K14AA9CA000393
2) YH4K16AA5CA000192
3) YH4K14AAXCA000886
4) YH4K14AA3CA000907

2-4 have probably been credited already, but 1's mileage is so low that I'm not sure if it's had an actual owner yet. If you are able to let me know how to look it up/find more info about each car, I'd appreciate it. I'd like to find a Karma that I can get a tax credit on.
I will research and pm you if I find anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello guys , would you please let me know if YH4K14AA2CA001112 qualifies for the tax credit rebate? thanks i bought mine last year with 4000 miles. Actually the guy from Fisker Miami looked at my car and is probably the best fisker mechanic in the nation...

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
The car was sold out of Fisker Palm beach original owner is listed as David Soria if that's not you I would assume it doesn't qualify as you are the second owner .
Don't be surprised you get a lot of PM because of your forum name not a good choice IMO .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Harley Guy, you checked out my car when i bought it, how do i find out if David Soria filed the tax rebate? will take your advice on my fisker miami name

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hello Harley Guy, you checked out my car when i bought it, how do i find out if David Soria filed the tax rebate? will take your advice on my fisker miami name
Unfortunately for you, it doesn't matter whether the original owner claimed the tax credit. The tax code only allows the credit for for the original sale of the car into the marketplace.

I was an original owner but was unable to claim the credit that year and was advised that if I sold it, the next owner would not be able to seek the credit.

Your new name: MiamiKarma!?

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
What did it sell for? I see there's another parts car on there as well.
Not sure but a few hours before the auction was to end the bidding was at around 12k. Flood cars are hit or miss since the proprietary harnesses/connectors and ECU's could be trash and cannot be repaired or used in a new project. It doesn't help that the Karma HV connectors are at the lowest part of the vehicle.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts