Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was perusing through the daily news for Fisker and came across an article about a "used" Fisker Karma being auctioned on Ebay (Here's the link )

When I checked out the listing, I saw in one of the photos that the gross weight rating of the Karma (i.e. the empty car plus passengers/cargo) is 6,100lbs. If you subtract out the estimated net curb weight of 5,300lbs (i.e. of the empty Karma), you're left with a total payload carrying capacity of only 800lbs (maybe less after this heavier 12V battery is installed). Does that seem a bit on the light side to anyone?

Figure 4 adults plus some stuff in the trunk (e.g. golf clubs, small luggage for a weekender, loaded cooler for tailgate, etc)... that really cuts pretty close to the maximum gross vehicle weight (if not exceeds!). For reference, I checked a few 2012/2011 cars ... the BMW 745i has a payload capacity of 1,389lbs, Hyundai Sonata 1,129lbs, Chevy Volt 767lbs, Toyota Prius 1,047lbs!!! The Karma can carry less than a Prius???

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Sounds about right to me, unfortunately. But I don't plan on having 4 large adults in the car ever.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
What the heck you going to put in your Karma SoCalGuy? Its probably related to the suspension loading and the low wheel travel more than anything else. The spaceframe is pretty stout. Use a pickup to get the horsefeed and use the Karma for fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts