Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks I'm looking to pick up a Karma real soon. I was able to to Lormax about doing a pre purchase inspection. Some of you had your year with your Karma I would love to hear your experiences with it. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
For me, there have been three main experiences with the Karma:
  • It is eco conscious. If you are too, you will enjoy driving a 1st generation car that took environmental concerns seriously in the design process. That was why I purchased the Karma.
  • It is beautiful. You will enjoy walking toward your car in the parking lot and when you are inside driving (very comfortable as well as lovely). What you may not enjoy is the attention it gets. Even after owning mine for a year and a half I still get gawkers wanting to talk to me about the car. (I couldn't leave the parking lot gracefully for 15 minutes this evening while a guy in a meeting with me quizzed me about my Karma tonight.) Depending on my mood and state of haste I either enjoy or am aggravated by the attention.
  • It is quirky. Like my computer, sometimes I just have to shut it down and restart when something isn't working properly. It doesn't happen often, but it happens.
You don't know the future for the car. I bought mine expecting a 4 year warranty and upgrades to pick up the slack for the inevitable issues with it being a new model from a new company. That didn't pan out. But you have the opportunity to purchase the car for close to half price, and that will pay for a lot of repairs. Even at the 107k plus tax that I paid, the Karma is worth it. At 60k, it is a steal. Try to find another car at that price that you will enjoy driving as much.

Good idea to hire Lormax to do a pre-purchase inspection. If I was purchasing another, I would do the same.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well said! Thank you. I'm totally eco conscious. My Jaguar is super thirsty all the time. I love the beauty of the car. You're right about technology. I know some people always call me with computer or iPhone issues I just tell them to relax and reboot. I didn't think of it that way. Thank you!!

• It is eco conscious. If you are too, you will enjoy driving a 1st generation car that took environmental concerns seriously in the design process. That was why I purchased the Karma.
  • It is beautiful. You will enjoy walking toward your car in the parking lot and when you are inside driving (very comfortable as well as lovely). What you may not enjoy is the attention it gets. Even after owning mine for a year and a half I still get gawkers wanting to talk to me about the car. (I couldn't leave the parking lot gracefully for 15 minutes this evening while a guy in a meeting with me quizzed me about my Karma tonight.) Depending on my mood and state of haste I either enjoy or am aggravated by the attention.
  • It is quirky. Like my computer, sometimes I just have to shut it down and restart when something isn't working properly. It doesn't happen often, but it happens.
You don't know the future for the car. I bought mine expecting a 4 year warranty and upgrades to pick up the slack for the inevitable issues with it being a new model from a new company. That didn't pan out. But you have the opportunity to purchase the car for close to half price, and that will pay for a lot of repairs. Even at the 107k plus tax that I paid, the Karma is worth it. At 60k, it is a steal. Try to find another car at that price that you will enjoy driving as much.

Good idea to hire Lormax to do a pre-purchase inspection. If I was purchasing another, I would do the same.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I traded my beloved Jag XK8 for the Karma and have never looked back. I went from one of the greatest cars to the absolutely best car. Far beyond my expectations. How's that?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I traded my beloved Jag XK8 for the Karma and have never looked back. I went from one of the greatest cars to the absolutely best car. Far beyond my expectations. How's that?
Perfect thanks Ira!

·
Registered
859 Posts

Yes, well said Ever1. I totally agree. Whenever I drive my Karma it's like falling in love for the first time. It's always special. I never felt like that with any other car I have ever owned.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sounds like a true love story.....I love my car as well but not more than my women :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
859 Posts
Sounds like a true love story.....I love my car as well but not more than my women :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
It's not an either/or situation. In this thread we were comparing Jags to Karmas. But since you brought women into the conversation I have to say that if you're driving your Karma in the company of someone you love, it doesn't get any better than that. Which leads me back to the subject at hand. My favorite experience was the first time my wife drove our Karma on a road trip. She hopped into the driver's seat and made it look easy and natural. That's because it is.

After 7 months and counting, 7.6 gallons of gas, and with no significant issues, you're absolutely right, owning our Karma has been a true love story.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts