Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Karma shows two very odd behavior, which might be related to one root cause.

1st :
Accelerating to above 40+ km/h and then releasing the accelerator: instead of decelerating and regenerating energy into the pack, my Karma tries to keep at that last speed.
Even touching the breaks doesn't start regeneration, but Karma tries even harder to keep the speed.
Even uphill, it keeps the speed

In the area of about 40km/h, Karma kind of stutters between keeping the speed and releasing force
At above 50km/h the stuttering is smooth.

Sure, I can break, but as described, without regenerating.
Breaking decelerates the Karma down (stuttering) and I can also break really hard...
as soon as I'm below about 25 km/h, Karma stops stuttering, and decelerates as usual including regeneration.
If I release the breaks, it still decelerates.

This unwanted accelerating or remaining in the last set speed, also sets, HILL to Stealth and switches cruise control off

2nd:
Going on the Autobahn, accelerating to 130+ km/h:
(ABS) Light, ESC Light and some others are switched on...
Additionally I get the info to see my service center.

I can't notice anything else... it keeps this way until I let Karma sleep.
The Odd thing: '1st' will not happen during this situation ?!?

Some more information:
I've got a new driveshaft and Joe guided my shop through the update process, as my Karma at this time did not go to sleep within 45secs.
Right now, having the Laptop attached during driving, Karma shows e.g. 73km/h at 3 wheels, but 68km/h at the one, which took the new driveshaft

Any Idea? Joe, Adam, or anybody else ever faced this behavior?
I will bring my Karma to the shop tomorrow, but I'd like to speed the repair process up.

Thanks
Stefan

I've linked a video for '1st': https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3tzvwumb6ofqsiq/AABhGiu1sxTR_n4Pnz1SWQNea?dl=0

Here is, what happened:
0:07 I took the foot off off the accelerator
0:09 showing the rihgt foot
0:11 without foot on the accelerator, Karma keeps speed
0:18 I start breaking to 42km/h... which doesn't regenerate at all
0:24 Karma keeps speed at about 40, stuttering

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Wow I've never seen that one. Would love to get my hands on it but we both know thats not happening. I won't even begin to guess without seeing the scan tool fault codes first.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the offer, I'll get you the codes...

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some more findings during my trip to the shop:

- '2nd' error appeared at about 90km/h
- I forget to mention, that Brake lights up also.
- in case of '2nd', I CNS engage hill, but not cruise control
- again, I can confirm that '1st' error is not a problem during phases of '2nd' error

This is a related photo
Trip computer Speedometer Plant Odometer Tachometer

BTW: I'm on BL 535

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Wow I've never seen that one. Would love to get my hands on it but we both know thats not happening. I won't even begin to guess without seeing the scan tool fault codes first.
Just a guess, but could it be something as simple as a sticking throttle sensor? The car seems very confused that you are applying throttle and brake at the same time. Just a guess ...

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a guess, but could it be something as simple as a sticking throttle sensor? The car seems very confused that you are applying throttle and brake at the same time. Just a guess ...
Thanks Fab, but isn't the throttle sensor part of the ICE? Do we have another one?
The problem appears regardless of ICE operation.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here are the two screen shots from the scan tool.
Does this help? It only seems to show the Wheel Speed Sensor ... and a lot of other codes...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Thanks Fab, but isn't the throttle sensor part of the ICE? Do we have another one?
The problem appears regardless of ICE operation.
You are correct; I did not use the write word. I meant the sensor that measures the position of the accelerator pedal.

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
looks like you have a bad wheel speed sensor at your right rear wheel.Most of the other errors look like they are from when you pulled 12v.

Was this the same wheel where the half-shaft was replaced and that is showing the deviation from the others?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You are correct; I did not use the write word. I meant the sensor that measures the position of the accelerator pedal.
This was something we thought about, too.
I remember that the brake pedal overrules the accelerator pedal.
In that case, regeneration should start, as soon as I brake, which is not the case.

The best bet is the speed sensor, but my shop told me, that they have exchanged the two sensors on the rear wheels, but the error did not move...
Then they checked the wire harness in that area, which was looking to be optically and electrically fine. It could have been broken somehow, as they replaced several RDMs and TDMs over the last 15 month.
At the end, they tweaked something at the half-shaft in the area of the sensor, after which the error did not come again...

But Murphy was with me... I got the error within the first 50km and since then, the error is stable with me and reproducible.

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
Wonder if after they swapped the sensor, your error after 50km migrated to the other side or if the error was still on the same side. If it migrated would indicate the sensor if it stayed on the right side then likely the harness.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wonder if after they swapped the sensor, your error after 50km migrated to the other side or if the error was still on the same side. If it migrated would indicate the sensor if it stayed on the right side then likely the harness.

Good point. I'll ask them.

I lost the track, which part has been moved and possibly moved back over the 3 weeks.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My Karma now runs without issues for some days now.
The issue came from the sensor and a bad connector.

Thanks for all the hints.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts