Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have had this topic before and were in need of an update. I am currently with AAA but want to shop around for better rates but my new agent is having trouble getting the Karma insured.

Can you please let the companies you are using for your Karma and the US state you are in, so that I can give the list to my agent? Not asking for your premium, but if you feel like sharing, please feel free,

Thanks,
Fab.

·
Early Adopter
1,257 Posts
in virginia i had insurance with usaa and now with state farm, about 1k with 1000 deductible

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area. I have my Karma listed as my daily driver through Hartford via AARP. My Premium is 1423 with 100 deductible.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am in the San Francisco Bay Area (South Bay). Allstate policy with $500 deductible, $1360 annual premium.
Let us know if you find a good deal! ;-)

·
Registered
536 Posts
In Florida I have progressive.
Not sure what karma is alone, but together with a 2011 528 I pay $1800/yr.
I had to switch from nationwide, who wouldn't insure.
(Wife and I have no speeding tickets or accidents in 20 years)

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A big thank you to everyone who posted and PM'd me with their insurance information. I sent the list of companies to my new agent. As you may have guessed, the challenge is to get integrated policies that cover our risks (House, cars, life, etc) rather than getting a hodgepodge of policies from different companies. And although we have all our liability policies with AAA, each of their internal divisions almost behaves like a separate company and our policies are disjointed and we gt billed at for each policy separately and we can't apply a credit from one policy towards another one. It's very confused, so we are trying to get a more integrated set of policies in place through a new agent, but the Karma has proved to be a bit of snag.

So thanks again to all of you. I will report what we end up with.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
I know I'm late to the party, I suggest you try Chubb. They specialize in high end property, and integrate very well. As insurance is regulated at the state level, you should look for a local agent. Other financial professionals in your area may offer a good referral.

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
Here in Atlanta GA. I have State Farm insurance at $500 deductible. Was the best over all rate for my 3 cars. I tried Farmers, but their rate on the Karma was so high, it off-set the lower rate for the other cars.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Fab - I use Liberty Mutual, SF Bay Area as you know. They also cover my primary home and rental houses and provide a liability umbrella, so I get a fairly integrated set of policies. They cover 7 of my 12 cars on two separate policies. The Karma is on a "manual" policy with two others than are not "normal" cars in their system. Anyway, the Karma costs $924 for one year ($412 Collision, $264 Liability, $166 Comp, $82 Medical and uninsured motorists) with a $1000 deductible and expected mileage under 6000 miles per year. It is listed as "excess vehicle", aka, not my primary vehicle. I'm 52 years old with no accidents or tickets.

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
@AIJohn and @Dave_Car_Guy. Thank you for the information. Will pass it on to the agent doing the research.

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know I'm late to the party, I suggest you try Chubb. They specialize in high end property, and integrate very well. As insurance is regulated at the state level, you should look for a local agent. Other financial professionals in your area may offer a good referral.

@EVer1, thanks for the suggestion. The agent does represent Chubb (among others) so that's one of the candidates already.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts