Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Owner #1926
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a brand new Karma owner - 2012 EcoSport, 1300 miles on it. I've wanted one since they were just a concept, so when the stars aligned, I had to get it! However, I am in Hawaii (Oahu) and there are no dealers here - the dealer I bought it from got it at an auction in the mainland. I would like to have it checked out, just to be sure there are no surprises, but need help finding someone who will have a clue about these cars. Would a Chevy dealer work? (I'm thinking about the similarities with the Volt) Or - even better - does anyone know of an actual qualified Karma technician out here? I have written to Fisker, still waiting to hear back from them. But I'm hoping someone here can help!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Has the car been shipped to Hawaii yet? If not, check in with one of the members of this forum, Lormax, to see if he would be able to check it out for you in port before it leaves the mainland. Lormax is legit--factory trained and former mechanic at a Fisker dealership. He's worked on my Karma, and I recommend him highly!

Congratulations on your new Karma!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Do you happen to have a son-in-law that lives in the Vail area? A friend told me just last week that his father-in-law had bought a Karma and was having it shipped to Hawaii. I know it says "Roberta's Karma," but thought I'd ask anyway.

·
Owner #1926
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And BIG BIG thanks to Lormax for helping me feel good about my purchase. I was very much feeling in the "dumbest thing I've done / best thing I've done" camp. But now I just love my Karma!

·
Owner #1926
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is officially a 2nd Karma in Hawaii now ... though I have not yet seen it or met the owner. Its a bummer not being the only Karma in Hawaii any longer. But I'm hoping they will pop up on here. :)

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
There is officially a 2nd Karma in Hawaii now ... though I have not yet seen it or met the owner. Its a bummer not being the only Karma in Hawaii any longer. But I'm hoping they will pop up on here. :)
Same Island? Maybe you still have the only Karma in Oahu?

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
bought on the same island, but he could have very well moved it to another island - will post if I hear from him
Last time I was in Maui, I saw one Tesla S, and lots of Leafs. We are headed back there next weekend. Will keep an eye out for the Fisker.

·
Owner #1926
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No kidding? I'll be in Maui later this week! Just jumping over for a couple of days since my sister and her husband are going to be there. Do you get out here often?

·
Owner #1926
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
I'm so horrible about posting things in a timely manner ... anyway...

Every Saturday night on Oahu, many of the major parking lots turn into ad hoc car shows. There's a HUGE classic car community here, but there is usually a row or two of modern mucsle and the odd "special interest" car as well - like a Miata all tricked out with LED and strobe lights - crazy.

The corvettes took me in, so I generally sit next to them. These are from last weekend.

Attachments

·
Owner #1926
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I met my Hawaiian Karma twin a few weeks ago - finally getting around to posting pics ... plus a couple from this weekends show, a Toys-for-Tots fundraiser:D
DSCF1638.jpg

DSCF1639.jpg

TforT show Fisker.jpg

TforT show Fisker gets there early.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Great photos! Nice to know that your Karma has a sister on the island. And I love the rainbow on the plate, so fitting for a Karma, in a variety of ways.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Howzit Roberta, I work here on Camp Smith where I think you dod to because I see your car parked by the pool. But I'm thinking of buying the other Fisker here on Oahu (it's for sale at the Volvo dealer) but wanted to know how You do your maintenance.

My work #477-0318, Marcel

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
I was in Oahu over the weekend and kept a eye out for Fiskers. I did see two Model Ses running around but nothing as gorgeous as our Karmas!

Brent

1 - 20 of 36 Posts