Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know how i can explain this.
Sometimes i get the feeling like you are driving on small roadbumpes real close to eachother at low speeds, when i get up to motorway i dont feel it.
i feel it more on some roads then others.
its almost like the karma is jerking when driving:) hard to explain.

anyone else felt it?

i think it has to do with the long wheelbase of the car

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
996 Posts
Sounds like flatspotting. Has your vehicle been stationary for a while or is it used frequently? Are there any steering vibrations? Is this road bump sensation only initial or every single time the car is driven at low speeds (i.e after 30 mins of driving on the highway)? This could possibly be wheel out of round but a more telling symptom would be some sort of vibration.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think i feelt it first time not used it for two weeks. i use it every day.
nothing with the steering and i dont feel it everytime

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
If I don't use mine for a least a week, i get some minor flatspotting, which sounds similar to what you're talking about; it disappears after the tires warm up.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
First thing to check tire pressure 40 in the front 36 rear these tires loose air more then any other tire I deal with

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One question.
Why is it higher PSI in the rear for the wintertires but on the summer tires the PSI is higher on the front tires?

·
Registered
56 Posts
The higher rear tire pressure on 21's was required for load carrying capacity. The 265/40R21 will carry less load for the same pressure than the 285/35R22. The front 255/35R22 at 40psi (2.8bar) was released higher than the rear 22 for steering and dynamics.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
If not the tire issue, I wonder if you are referring to driveline surge/twitch. I notice sometimes at low speed when my car is cold it produces a "jerking " effect at about 30 mph. Something like you get with DC servo motors at real low speed when they twitch. I always seems to go away after a few minuets of driving.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts