Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
I personally like it, but it is not practical for the non-daily/ infrequent drivers. I do not daily drive my car and the light would possibly stay on for weeks unnecessarily, since I typically leave it plugged in. I would recommend having the light just go off once Full Charged. Save some light bulbs ;)

On a side note: Anything in the works to improve the 0-60 and 1/4 mile time? The Karma really needs a boost in spot acceleration for in/out traffic darting and back road blasting/ twisty fun. Sadly the overall lack of acceleration performance leaves me flat on enthusiasm as an owner resulting in the car not getting the road time it would have if it were more spirited.

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. The video was just for demonstration purposes the logic we plan on implementing will be the following:

Charging- Rear fogs on with car unlocked if vehicle is locked while charging the fogs will go off after 30 seconds.

Charge Complete- the white light comes on and turns off after 30 seconds regardless of lock status.

When the vehicle is unplugged the lights will also turn off.

These features will be included with our hardware solution along with Charging on the fly, additional drive modes, fan speed control etc etc.

With regards to acceleration and performance yes we are working on a few things to boost the performance of the vehicle. We are going for the low hanging lowest cost ways to get better performance vs pricey/cumbersome hardware swaps. Once we reach the limit of what can be done with existing hardware we will propagate those parameters to our "Sport" mode in the aforementioned hardware solution. If there is really interest in a barn-burner type package, that can be achieved but will require physical modifications to the vehicle itself.

We do have an increased capacity battery pack in the works and there is already interest from a few owners to purchase this. Right now our strategy is to optimize the existing vehicles subsystems before moving on to swapping parts out.

A lot of people could probably swap parts out and get it to work but the challenge here is working within the existing vehicle architecture, with little to no documentation but in an OEM fashion.

·
Registered
334 Posts
@PowerSource - I think this is pretty cool. I know @KARMANEWS had talked about this concept, so does the fact that you're working on it mean Fisker will not be implementing this as an OEM offering?

Also, I like the illuminated charge port. This would come in very handy in public garages with low lighting. Is the blue LED lighting from the EVSE plug or from a modified Karma charge port? I assume this might be your Karma with the 10 kWh OBCM...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Well I for one am truly excited in what I am seeing emerging from your development effort.

There is a sub-set of owners who love the Karmas looks, but are more hardcore automotive enthusiasts and desire something beyond a pretty face and mediocre Honda Accord level of driving experience.

"Build it and they will come..."

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@PowerSource - I think this is pretty cool. I know @KARMANEWS had talked about this concept, so does the fact that you're working on it mean Fisker will not be implementing this as an OEM offering?

Also, I like the illuminated charge port. This would come in very handy in public garages with low lighting. Is the blue LED lighting from the EVSE plug or from a modified Karma charge port? I assume this might be your Karma with the 10 kWh OBCM...
We have already finished it :) - personally have not heard this but could definitely be out of the loop. We will be shipping with this feature.

The chargeport is illuminated with a separate set of LED's that are in the chargeport cup. We will not be offering that as the charge cup and wire harness have to be modified. Would rather do the fog/reverse indicator for the sake of simplicity.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts