Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting news,

I was on the Power Source Website and noticed this....

"We are looking for beta testers for 60kWh battery (135 real world miles"

I wonder what they are charging, I mean I wonder what it costs?

-s-

·
Early Adopter
1,259 Posts
It states ~$19.5k on his site.
Seems like a fair price - I guess logically given time, POWER SOURCE could stick to this price point while increasing capacity as technology improves -- that re-assuring for us FY12 owners as well as the REVENO owners if KA would just accept third party support - no brainer IMHO.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've sent them multiple emails about being a beta-tester for that and never heard back from them.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've sent them multiple emails about being a beta-tester for that and never heard back from them.
I heard back about two months ago but they said they didn't have the supply and are waiting for more cells to be manufactured (they only had like 12 on the road). The other issue is I guess KA won't let PowerSource "advertise" on here anymore so they've elected to cut the communication off at the knees. Rather than embrace the improvements that could be utilized for KA, they're making some classic missteps allowing pride/seperation to get in the way of logic IMO.

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
We are not selective at all- we have a backlog of orders that we need to provide to owners that we are working through. If there is a question that you need answered you can email us but right now we have about a 50+ car backlog of various products we are working through.

We don't do half ass products and thoroughly test all of our products prior to delivery. With regards to the battery, as new cell technology gets released into our supply chain we automatically include upgraded capacity into our packs. Right now is a very volatile time (with regards to moore's law) for battery capacity- and if we have to delay a few months to add a 10% capacity increase and to test it we will propose that to our customers. Many are willing to wait because they want the best technology in their car and a few months won't matter to them. If we settled on one chemistry, one form factory, and one pack we shouldn't be in business as this area of Electric Vehicles is growing rapidly. Capacity is getting better every 6 months. Just last weekend we delivered a 60kWh 2012 Fisker Karma to an owner in Silicon Valley.

Like any startup, things are fast and furious and like any other early stage company our IP is being ripped off left and right by Karma Automotive and they have introduced several variations of our technology. We have to be cautious of this.

This is a limited market and we also have our OEM side of the business that actually pays the bills. We do the battery packs, infotainment, TOM etc on our free time and for fun because the 2012 Fisker Karma is what we drive. At the end of the day the TOM is available now since that has already been partially ripped off by Karma our secret sauce battery packs we have a waiting list of trusted people (not to say you are not trusted) that we are slowly delivering to every few weeks. YMMV

·
Registered
60 Posts
We are not selective at all- we have a backlog of orders that we need to provide to owners that we are working through. If there is a question that you need answered you can email us but right now we have about a 50+ car backlog of various products we are working through.

We don't do half ass products and thoroughly test all of our products prior to delivery. With regards to the battery, as new cell technology gets released into our supply chain we automatically include upgraded capacity into our packs. Right now is a very volatile time (with regards to moore's law) for battery capacity- and if we have to delay a few months to add a 10% capacity increase and to test it we will propose that to our customers. Many are willing to wait because they want the best technology in their car and a few months won't matter to them. If we settled on one chemistry, one form factory, and one pack we shouldn't be in business as this area of Electric Vehicles is growing rapidly. Capacity is getting better every 6 months. Just last weekend we delivered a 60kWh 2012 Fisker Karma to an owner in Silicon Valley.

Like any startup, things are fast and furious and like any other early stage company our IP is being ripped off left and right by Karma Automotive and they have introduced several variations of our technology. We have to be cautious of this.

This is a limited market and we also have our OEM side of the business that actually pays the bills. We do the battery packs, infotainment, TOM etc on our free time and for fun because the 2012 Fisker Karma is what we drive. At the end of the day the TOM is available now since that has already been partially ripped off by Karma our secret sauce battery packs we have a waiting list of trusted people (not to say you are not trusted) that we are slowly delivering to every few weeks. YMMV
I'll give you that, but it would be appreciated to at least get a mail back letting folks know that you guys are to busy. I'm very much interested in
upgrading my battery to a longer range one.

·
Early Adopter
1,259 Posts
Keep on doing the good work POWER SOURCE!
Looking forward to my TOM and more to come in the future.
i has to mentioned this now that your getting the TOM. I had mine for several months now, used it in ER mode driving back from NJ. Last Saturday I used it in EV mode and man was i surprised. The car seemed a little quicker, held a 44 miles charge for the who drive, over 30 miles and hardly heard the engine like you do when you use sport or ER mode - unless power sources says otherwise, EV and Sleath are my go to modes, unless I'm driving on the highways, I assume that when ER mode works the best. We should have a posting on just the TOM modes and share our experiences.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
i has to mentioned this now that your getting the TOM. I had mine for several months now, used it in ER mode driving back from NJ. Last Saturday I used it in EV mode and man was i surprised. The car seemed a little quicker, held a 44 miles charge for the who drive, over 30 miles and hardly heard the engine like you do when you use sport or ER mode - unless power sources says otherwise, EV and Sleath are my go to modes, unless I'm driving on the highways, I assume that when ER mode works the best. We should have a posting on just the TOM modes and share our experiences.
There was a discussion about this starting with this post and the responses. Good place to start.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am even considering bringing my Fisker over to the US to get an upgrade like that done! ...not right away but when time will come!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts