Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not the vocal type but I posted a comment on the Facebook page of Karma Automotive and it was deleted. These guys are playing a mind game and it is just bad. The new ownership group and the individuals running it are horrific. Buyer beware and don't buy a Karma and trust those who won't speak to you honestly.

The whole Wanxiang thing is a scam and the people there will delete you if they can. Horrible situation. Don't trust the warranty or anything dealing with old or new fisker. Common Sense

·
Registered
888 Posts
You may have been raised to act like this, but someone should have told you, that this is the wrong forum to blame Wanxiang like this...

Have a nice life.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have to disagree Stefan.

This is the perfect forum to post comments like that. When the new Fisker set up the new web page they encouraged us all to migrate there and there have been a few times where they've decided to delete or not put up posts. When confronted the first few times about it, they started letting people post topics without them vetting them first but now it looks like they delete the ones they don't like making it not an independent source of information which is what owners and prospective owners really need.

I'm a grown man, I can make decisions on my own so if someone posts a negative comment, I should be given the chance to decide whether or not I should listen to that comment or not but not having that choice is worse.

·
Registered
169 Posts
that being said, the comment was written on a Facebook page so they do have the right of editing their own Facebook page but I was responding to the point that I don't mind having both negative and positive comments in an independent forum like fiskerbuzz.com :)

I'd like to know what pissed Nikon so badly that it inspired him to put up such a negative comment on the facebook page that it got deleted in the first place.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Code of Conduct for Fisker HQ
- We will not filter any posts
- We will not deny or block any posts
- We will from time to time respond to posts, clearly identified as a FISKER HQ employee

·
Registered
304 Posts
- We will from time to time respond to posts, clearly identified as a FISKER HQ employee

I'm confused - what was the catalyst for this issue?

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
This applies to the Owner Forum where you found it. As far as I know they have never broken this promise. I'm a moderator on that forum so I think I would probably know.

This comment does not say anything about or apply to the public, Marketing-oriented Facebook page. EVERY company monitors and manages the content on public Facebook pages. There's nothing nefarious about it.

I'm not sure what the OP is upset about but so far Karma Automotive has kept every single promise I'm aware of, and have exceeded expectations on a number of occasions.

If you have a concern or gripe raise it constructively; shouting from the rooftops that "Wanxiang is a scam" is neither useful or likely to lead to a worthwhile outcome.

Brent

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm confused - what was the catalyst for this issue?

I posted a question on the next generation car and the LA Auto Show, the whole thread was deleted after they responded (someone from Yuneec Drones on behalf of Karma Automotive) who I assume does the social media for Karma Automotive, but forgot to change their signature.

There were also questions of glassdoor reviews of Karma Automotive that got deleted. They responded and then deleted that thread.

They probably deleted 30 separate comments that had to do with questions on the vehicle and company but kept only mindless cheer-leading ones.

I think they banned me from posting which is strange because I just asked about the features of the next generation vehicle and pledged my support. This company is worse than before.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This applies to the Owner Forum where you found it. As far as I know they have never broken this promise. I'm a moderator on that forum so I think I would probably know.

This comment does not say anything about or apply to the public, Marketing-oriented Facebook page. EVERY company monitors and manages the content on public Facebook pages. There's nothing nefarious about it.

I'm not sure what the OP is upset about but so far Karma Automotive has kept every single promise I'm aware of, and have exceeded expectations on a number of occasions.

If you have a concern or gripe raise it constructively; shouting from the rooftops that "Wanxiang is a scam" is neither useful or likely to lead to a worthwhile outcome.

Brent

This message was received from the head of customer experience by another owner who had his comments deleted from the Facebook page. We will see what comes of it. First step in building any relationship (especially after a well publicized bankruptcy) is transparency. That is where old Fisker failed and it looks like New Karma is just as bad if not worse. Let the actions speak.

We don’t delete, and I will investigate IMMEDIATELY !
Regards, Joost

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
This message was received from the head of customer experience by another owner who had his comments deleted from the Facebook page. We will see what comes of it. First step in building any relationship (especially after a well publicized bankruptcy) is transparency. That is where old Fisker failed and it looks like New Karma is just as bad if not worse. Let the actions speak.

We don’t delete, and I will investigate IMMEDIATELY !
Regards, Joost
I agree with you that actions speak louder than words. I firmly believe that the new Karma Automotive is already light-years ahead of the old Fisker in transparency, communication an openness, although admittedly that's a pretty low bar. FA was pretty crap at that. In fact, one of the things that makes me so much more confident in KA and the new regime is the amount of proactive communication and the willingness to say what's true as opposed to what people want to hear. I may not like all of the answers but at least I trust they're accurate.

It's possible that whatever intern or third party is managing KA's Facebook page was too aggressive with the Delete key but it's a long leap from that to decrying that Wanxiang as a scam or exhorting people not to trust KA. I've spoken to Joost personally on a couple of occasions and there's nothing about his words or actions to date that have caused me to question his sincerity or integrity.

Time will tell, of course, but my experience certainly doesn't support your initial post's alarmist tone.

Brent

·
Registered
829 Posts
I have had every promise given to me honored (and more) by The New Fisker/Karma Automotive. And, based on the rumors I've heard about the new warranty program soon to be announced ... If they are correct ... You'd be an idiot not to participate in the program (if you like your car at all). There are several $10K parts prone to failure on some of our cars. If you don't want to "play the (evil) lottery", you'll buy the "insurance".

I, too, would like to know what started all this for Nikon. And, how much of your anger really should be aimed at the late FA and not KA. And, exactly what was said that you believe had the merit to stay but was taken down. Was it "fair criticism" or something closer to spiteful anonymous internet bile?

·
Registered
320 Posts
As someone who lived thorough the character assassination of the Fisker Karma the first time around, I think it is sensible and appropriate for the Company to manage the messaging around their company at the outset. Once this baby has learned to walk, they can certainly open things up a bit. Unfortunately, last time around, thousands of people expressed negative opinions with no basis in fact, and it hurt the company and drowned out those of us that had a good experience and ACTUALLY owned the car.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well again, to be completely fair :) ... I am an owner, love my Fisker but if I was to be honest and objective (something a lot of fisker owners seem not able to become when talking about their beloved cars, lol)... I'd have to say that the Fisker definitely has it's faults that go way beyond just a car that wasn't quite ready to go into production.

The reason why I followed the company years before their first sale was because I believe in the electrification of transportation solely as a result of analyzing the money flows. The natural gas/oil arbitrage is worth trillions and it affects everyone in the world. The Karma was and I guess, still is, part of this transition. The hybrid car will be a piece of automotive history in another decade but it doesn't diminish its importance or role it played in this transformation of the Brave New World.

Anyways, I could go on and on but Fisker's range is just terrible. Don't listen to all the mpg stats people claim. It has nothing to do with the car or technology and has everything to do with that particular person's driving behaviour. Another person more correctly pointed out that the majority of drivers do drive less than the our battery range and that a hybrid does take out the range anxiety issue (I, as an example, drove my son to a hockey tournament in Sudbury, a 5 hour drive in the dead of winter in my Karma) but the mpg stat is useless. I use my car for everything and use it all year round and my average 'mgp' is about 37 which is still good but again, a useless stat. That being said, a battery range of less than 50 miles in the summer and less than 30 miles in the winter is terrible... it makes the Karma a glorified golf cart that looks awesome but doesn't do true electric transportation justice.

Battery performance will improve, no doubt and once we have a 1000km battery, the hybrid will no longer be necessary (supposedly the big 3 auto companies have a 1000km battery but haven't put it out yet knowing what it will do to their ICE inventory).

The software issues and small annoyances are evidence of a car that wasn't ready for production but it's the larger issue with the battery and the poor performance in the cold coupled with the heavy weight and 'equivalent hp' stat that was just a lie, that makes the Karma a 'fail'.

That being said, I love my 'fail' car... I know why it went bankrupt and know it won't be around for the long run in its current form but I'm still a supporter as I've enjoyed the car. It gets looks, my insurance is cheaper and I fill up only once every 6 weeks or so :)

·
Registered
829 Posts
First, glad you love your car, and totally know what you mean!! But, I don't understand something. If you fill up every 6 weeks, and only get 37 MPG, with a 10 gallon tank, you're only driving 370 miles or 60 miles per week. Which means you could/should be able to drive regularly without needing gas at all. So, you should be getting way better than that for mileage. Or, twice every six weeks, you make a 180 mile trip. Otherwise, I don't understand your claims.

If you drive the Karma like a normal person -- to work and back during the week and out to dinner or the theater on weekends ... you drive less than 50 miles per day, and should be able to have a full charge each night. And, only occasionally drive across a the state (or the country). That's how most of the Karma owners I know use their cars and only fill up 8 times a year.

When that's the case, you should (like I do) be getting on average over 100 (I get over 200) MPG. That's 1000 miles for every 10 gallons of gas. If you want to factor that 9 kWh of electricity (roughly 25 Stealth miles' worth, or equivalent to a gallon of gas in a Karma) costs around 1/4th as much as that the gallon of gas does ... that's 250 miles on gas, and 750 on straight electric. If you had done it on gas you'd use another 30 gals, but at 1/4th cost it means you'd be using the cost equiv of another 7.5 gallons. So an MPG equivalent of 1000/17.5 = 57.1 MPG.

I'm getting 2000 miles for 10 gallons of gas which is 72.7 MPG equivalent.

·
Registered
169 Posts
ahhh a man of numbers! It is true that those stats are off, it's just what I recall... sometimes it's 6 weeks, sometimes not. My mileage is about 40k and I've had the car for 2 years now (i recall getting the car in November) and I've always kept track of the mileage. It's funny though, every time I get up to around 4000km, my trip odometer automatically resets to 0... lol, another software issue... it's random but I always watch it. Most times I get more than 30km/l but I have seen it as high as 37.

Oh and you'd laugh at the hockey equipment... my son's a goalie so we have to pack his bag in a certain way but it does fit into the trunk. If one thing is off, it won't fit :) ... we put the pads in the back and the stick goes inside and along the center console with the butt end of the stick going all the way to my son's thigh. It's a tight fit but we make it work :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
oh and plus during the first year I was driving more than 80km/day as I was going downtown a lot. Even now with have 2 active boys, I would say that my average is probably higher and I do tend to run out of batteries probably once or twice a week. Also keep in mind that the colder it gets and the older the battery, the true mileage drops. In winter I'd be lucky to get 50% capacity even though the battery is fully charged and says 80km at the start... you won't get anywhere near that.

·
Registered
169 Posts
oh, silly me! I should have expressed my numbers in km/l... my apologies but still the message is the same. Mileage performance in a hybrid is a bad number to go by because it's affected by an individual's driving pattern. The main message I was trying to get across was that the Karma doesn't do particularly well in anything (other than look great!) ... in the winter I get 30-40km of range and the car isn't particularly fast... didn't someone have it measured at something less than 300HP? It's an expensive good looking golf cart :) ... now, if it had a true range of 300km in any season then that would make the comparison to a golf cart unfair lol and i'd live with it being slower than advertised (even though I hate being lied to!)

Jim, yes I have my winters get put on every year and thank goodness I don't have a soft spines issue... yet...

·
Registered
57 Posts
While I do not trust Karma Automotive I do trust my local maintenance tech and that is the relationship I would rather keep in the future. Good luck Karma Automotive I am not a believer in your business practices.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts