Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a tease email. It says get ready for Wednesday 8/10 only Karma owners will get a special surprise.

So the suspense begins...What could it be?

Maybe a picture of a wheel? or A giant bow over a car cover of what looks like a Karma, maybe a picture of the steering wheel? I'm so excited :dodgy:

·
Registered
304 Posts
I am so sick of the stupid emails with some complex esoteric meaning - which at the end of the day are meaningless because they haven't shown one car coming off the line and they are only going to use up the old parts for the first year and then launch the redesigned body year two - seems like a sure plan for failure.

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am so sick of the stupid emails with some complex esoteric meaning - which at the end of the day are meaningless because they haven't shown one car coming off the line and they are only going to use up the old parts for the first year and then launch the redesigned body year two - seems like a sure plan for failure.
All the test cars are the same exterior, different wheels. I imagie the CIU is different :blush:

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
All the test cars are the same exterior, different wheels. I imagie the CIU is different :blush:
They are actually different exteriors just wrapped in camo. A photo was posted on instagram that would suggest the mules are merely modified 2012 Karma's. I don't believe the test cars are new cars from the pictures I have seen.

From looking at the cluster and infotainment pics, the new interface looks fugly and like the hideous Model S cluster. The old DIS was very unique and cool.

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They are actually different exteriors just wrapped in camo. A photo was posted on instagram that would suggest the mules are merely modified 2012 Karma's. I don't believe the test cars are new cars from the pictures I have seen.

From looking at the cluster and infotainment pics, the new interface looks fugly and like the hideous Model S cluster. The old DIS was very unique and cool.
Will they offer the upgraded software to us???? :huh:

·
1,172 Posts
Will they offer the upgraded software to us???? :huh:

There is a petition for them to offer owners the old software. The new cluster and infotainment is new hardware and software. They will not offer this to old owners. You have to buy the new car to get it. Those pics were posted by a Karma Employee, on instagram, showing the cluster of the camo vehicles.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Go to KA website, go to forum, signup, give VIN, have Proof of sale. It takes about a week to get access, but you will be part of the club.
Thanks for the info...I am excited to be "part of the club" (not meant to be sarcastic ;) I love knowing what is happening (or being teased by what might be happening) and wasn't sure how to be in the know. Thanks!:)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Got the e-mail. The only thing it made me want was a new infotainment system in my 2012 Fisker Karma

·
1,172 Posts
Got the e-mail. The only thing it made me want was a new infotainment system in my 2012 Fisker Karma

Looks pretty cool but almost like it was photo-shopped onto the picture?

The logo kind of creeps me (like an alien eye is watching) out but its real cool it is hand painted. Didn't see diamond dust paint and still some body panel mis-alignments (a-pillar piece by the hood). Good to see them selling the product first to existing owners. That is a great gesture :)

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Looks very -- familiar. I tried putting in my information in the "I want one" screen, but it was not accepting my entry. Did that work for anyone else?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts