Fisker Buzz Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Yes Katzkin (a company that Lutz is an advisor to) did the interior. Same Sunset (there were only two built the black and red)
Who built the folding roof?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Who built the folding roof?
Actually that was an in-house design.

Around the time the Karma S (aka Sunset came out) Valmet bought the roof business from Karmann. Fisker, at the time, hired a few engineers from Karmann who designed the roof for the sunset.

See

https://www.google.com/patents/US20130038084

among others
I would buy a second Karma and let someone hack away at it to slap on two doors and put a drop top on it--I don't care about trunk space.

·
Registered
349 Posts
i like the sunset. and if they built it, it would sell.

BUT, there are a lot of competitors out there for this type of car in a price range from 100-200k. and they look pretty good. and they work......
the new f-type, the cali, even the new SL.

the hook would be individuality, once again. and to make it stick, the car woudl have to work flawlessly.

·
Registered
349 Posts
btw, the reason why i like the karma is the shape....there is only one other 4 door car with lines close to it and that is the rapide (and henrik has a hand in that too).

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
There is a Sunset string but nothing new, so figured I'd start a new one. Obviously KA is looking to existing Karma owners to be the new Revero prospect as we are the easiest and most likely target. However, the variances aren't great enough for me to open my check book for a Revero. I would plead with KA to lean on the target and do something that a group WOULD consider: a hard top convertible. I think if KA saw a string with multiple prospects from a built in customer base, it couldn't hurt. I for one will not be buying a Revero, but a four seater convertible as drafted prior--I'm in.

How many others have a similar perspective?
Not going to happen. They want to build a luxury brand like Ferrari, Lambo, and Bugati. The next car will be over $200K+, I heard that straight from KA.

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
I thought they were building Nian aka Atlantic.
Why would they? They clearly are going after the high-end market with people who have several exotic cars. There is no margin in it nor would it help the brand. I would have thought Karma would do an SUV, but I think their advertising is clear on the target market.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I did not notice, that the Sunset is slightly shorter than the Karma ...
Cool.

·
Fisker Driver
79 Posts
I'd buy a Sunset!

I had my Karma for several years until the local dealer closed and I had to ship it 2000 miles to get service which I had to do twice in a year and it was out of my garage for over 6 months..... I ended up selling it merely as I needed a car to drive and it was my daily driver. I have been looking for a replacement since and am not at all excited about the Revero. I would like to purchase an all electric convertible though. So, if they were to resurrect the Sunset as an EV, I'm all in! It's the most gorgeous car(albeit a prototype) I've ever seen. They should also price it way less than the $250k Tesla Roadster.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts