#1 ·
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJPPQVDGiLU[/video]

Very cool! Great publicity for Fisker!

#3 ·
Fabulist said:
SoCalGuy said:
Very cool! Great publicity for Fisker!
They better have paid for that car. :mad:
Do you think Fisker would have donated it for marketing purposes? Seems unlikely, given Two and a Half Men experience, but who knows.

#5 ·
Really? Fisker's problem is that the only publicity it has received of late is negative. Here it is, on a nationally televised (and popular) talk show being featured as a "very hard to get" "environmentally friendly" sports car. That's a positive in my book.

#6 ·
SoCalGuy said:
Really? Fisker's problem is that the only publicity it has received of late is negative. Here it is, on a nationally televised (and popular) talk show being featured as a "very hard to get" "environmentally friendly" sports car. That's a positive in my book.
This reminds me of a Top Gear episode a few seasons back when the Aston Martin DB9 was taken out of the Sub-Zero freezer and put onto the UnCool board because "too many footballers were buying them making the car not cool anymore". I don't want my car or anything in my life being associated with The Bieb.

-Brian

#7 ·
brian said:
SoCalGuy said:
This reminds me of a Top Gear episode a few seasons back when the Aston Martin DB9 was taken out of the Sub-Zero freezer and put onto the UnCool board because "too many footballers were buying them making the car not cool anymore". I don't want my car or anything in my life being associated with The Bieb.

-Brian
Then you probably won't like to see the photo below, which captioned "Taylor Lautner test driving a Fisker"

#8 ·
I think any positve publicity for the Fisker is a good thing, and for better or worse this will probably be the single most effective PR move to date in raising awareness of the car. Twitter is practically melting down right now with "What's a Fisker Karma" and "OMG that's an amazing car" tweets.

While I agree with Brian that "I drive the Bieb's car" is not exactly a selling point for me, keep in mind that the Justin Bieber's core audience consists of parents as well as their teenage daughters, and those parents are squarely in the 35-55 demographic that are most likely to be willing and able to buy a Fisker. Based on observing friends with kids, I wouldn't discount the influence a 16 year old can exert on her parents buying decisions either.

I don't care if Fisker sold the car, gave it away or is paying Bieber to drive it, they are sure as hell getting more than $100,000 worth of airtime and mindshare. It was a brilliant PR move even if I personally couldn't care less about the Biebs.

Brent

#9 ·
To have all the eco-minded young Hollywood set buying and driving this car is a net positive for all of us - it would be great for the car to be sold out for a year or two, thus increasing the rarity/ooh factor (and value) of our Karmas.

#11 ·
LonePalmBJ said:
I don't care if Fisker sold the car, gave it away or is paying Bieber to drive it, they are sure as hell getting more than $100,000 worth of airtime and mindshare. It was a brilliant PR move even if I personally couldn't care less about the Biebs.
Judging by Ellen's sponsors and the the airing time of the show, the Fisker Karma is probably a highly aspirational item for that audience. I liked the car being described as being "a hard to get car". Overall, the free publicity is nice, even if it is cumulative to the other celebrities who already have one.

[hr]
magnus said:
Eclipse owners, look forward to getting mobbed by pre-teen girls everywhere you go... haha
Oh Joy. More fingerprints on my windows. :mad: Although, at the moment anyway, unless said girls are mobbing the service bay of my dealer, there is little chance of that happening to my car.

#13 ·
doug said:
SoCalGuy said:
Do you think Fisker would have donated it for marketing purposes? Seems unlikely, given Two and a Half Men experience, but who knows.
What was the Two and a Half Men experience?
Well, for one thing Ashton liked it. He's also driving it privately.

I had several people ask me if my car was the same as the one in Two and a Half Men, so people are noticing it.

#14 ·
Dutch said:
doug said:
SoCalGuy said:
Well, for one thing Ashton liked it. He's also driving it privately.

I had several people ask me if my car was the same as the one in Two and a Half Men, so people are noticing it.
So why did SoCalGuy say "seems unlikly" implying that the experience was not a positive one.

#15 ·
doug said:
SoCalGuy said:
Fisker did not pay or donate the car to the show, but allowed them use of the vehicle for filming. Russel D. said "no money changed hands" etc.

#17 ·
Talk about sloppy reporting... Check out the LA Times article on Bieber's new car... it says in sunny LA weather, the solar panel roof provides up to "200,000" miles of range "PER YEAR"!

http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-justin-bieber-fisker-karma-20120301,0,847293.story

It also has the old price points.[hr]
Oh and some more info according to Forbes' writeup: http://www.forbes.com/sites/hannahelliott/2012/03/01/justin-bieber-gets-a-karma/

- Fisker HQ was aware of it - they were "sworn to secrecy"
- Bieber got his own logo stitched into the headrest (I didn't see this option in my catalog!)
- "Bieber got his Karma painted black with black interior and his own logo custom-stitched into the headrest. Everything else on the car was standard-issue, Ormisher said. As for who paid for the vehicle, and at what price, he remained vague. “It was a gift from Scooter to Justin,” Ormisher demurred."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.