Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, not quite, but that was at least enough to make you guys click... It was "reported" today that Bieber has expressed interest in investing in Fisker as part of a "rescue package"... not sure how reliable the reports are, but perhaps the glitterati will be able to pony up some cash to keep FA afloat...

http://www.financialexpress.com/news/justin-bieber-to-invest-in-fisker-car-company/1110592

Justin Bieber to invest in Fisker car company

Teen Pop sensation Justin Bieber is reportedly planning to invest in his favourite car company Fisker.

The 19-year-old 'Baby' hitmaker wants to buy the company's new model Batmobile, reported Contactmusic.

The singer already has a fleet of vehicles, but his favourite is a Fisker Karma, an electronic car gifted to him by his manager Scooter Braun on his 18th birthday.

Bieber decided to invest in the company, that is facing financial difficulty, due to his concerns over their planned new model Batmobile.

"Justin's worried he won't be able to fix his current Fisker if they shut, and he really wanted to get his hands on their next model, which was due to be a Batmobile-style car.

"He's asked his assistants to keep him updated and wants to chip in to a rescue package, even though his team don't want him to invest unwisely," said a source.

Last summer, Bieber was given a ticket for speeding near California, for driving his Fisker Karma at over 100 miles per hour.

Bieber currently owns a Range Rover, Batman-themed customised Cadillac and a Ferrari.

·
Registered
261 Posts
let's get Justin Bieber on the Fisker Buzz

then Leonardo Dicaprio and Colin Powell

·
Registered
4 Posts
If the government converts to equity, the company is operated on a bootstrap budget, sells a traditional gas powertrain to get to immediate cash flow, returns the Delaware plant to the state, My friends and I (all of whom are current investors unfortunately), would be eager to invest in an asset purchase and capitalization of Fisker II. Bob Lutz stated that the Karma is the most beautiful car ever made (in his opinion). I agree wholeheartedly.

Get that dumbass Posawatz out of there and put in a true entrepreneur. WTF Kleiner Perkins and Ray Lane????

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the government converts to equity, the company is operated on a bootstrap budget, sells a traditional gas powertrain to get to immediate cash flow, returns the Delaware plant to the state, My friends and I (all of whom are current investors unfortunately), would be eager to invest in an asset purchase and capitalization of Fisker II. Bob Lutz stated that the Karma is the most beautiful car ever made (in his opinion). I agree wholeheartedly.

Get that dumbass Posawatz out of there and put in a true entrepreneur. WTF Kleiner Perkins and Ray Lane????
The failure point for the FA story was poor senior management - (terrible financial planning and abysmal marketing). It needed younger, scrappier blood at the top. FA had good bones and a good product that needed some additional refinement - 95% of the way there.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
He11, i would buy a tie with his picture on it if he pitches in.

[Edited to add:] Seriously? The forum software replaced the word "H.E.L.L." with a bunch of asterisks so that I had to spell it with "1"s instead of "l". That's really weak, @AGAdmin.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Nothing about this news report sounds remotely real.

I wonder if that website / news outlet is just hoping for some keyword search bump in traffic or rankings (Bieber is always being searched and Fisker is a hot item in the news these days).

·
Registered
781 Posts
Nothing about this news report sounds remotely real.

I wonder if that website / news outlet is just hoping for some keyword search bump in traffic or rankings (Bieber is always being searched and Fisker is a hot item in the news these days).
Yeah, the press probably just picked up on some off the cuff comment made, and it turned into this. I'm pretty sure he had financial advisors smart enough to steer him far away from that investment.

-Brian

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Yeah, the press probably just picked up on some off the cuff comment made, and it turned into this. I'm pretty sure he had financial advisors smart enough to steer him far away from that investment.

-Brian
I hope you are wrong. There are many examples of celebrities investing in a cause they believe in. Especially those who have made more in their lifetime than they or their children will reasonably "need", can find themselves in the luxurious position to be able to put their money where their mouth is, regardless of the investment potential.

Investment is always done with the expectation of a return, (regardless of what the lobbyists testify). That return is not always measured financially. You know, "make a difference", one of the higher human goals.:angel:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Brian has long held contempt for those dumb enough to invest in Fisker. Hope I have a chance one day to starve one of his ventures...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Pythagoris--- We need this to be like a fraternity here. Think we should all meet in 5 years in the middle of the USA --is that Liberal Kansas? (Oxymoron) and we can then light up our remaining Fiskers in a sacrifice to the ICE Gods.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I went to Fisker's potential investors meeting at HQ in Irvine. I'm still real glad my only investment in Fisker is in my driveway.

BTW, Bieber is stalking me. I buy property in Calabasas, he buys property in Calabasas. I buy a Fisker, he buys a Fisker. I invest in a medical startup, he invests in the same medical startup.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I hope you are wrong. There are many examples of celebrities investing in a cause they believe in. Especially those who have made more in their lifetime than they or their children will reasonably "need", can find themselves in the luxurious position to be able to put their money where their mouth is, regardless of the investment potential.

Investment is always done with the expectation of a return, (regardless of what the lobbyists testify). That return is not always measured financially. You know, "make a difference", one of the higher human goals.:angel:
Fisker is not a "cause" it's a company.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Something of high artistic or technological quality that's rare or dying can quickly become a cause. Historic buildings or Amiga computers or special cars can be a cause if people value them and don't want to see them disappear.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Something of high artistic or technological quality that's rare or dying can quickly become a cause. Historic buildings or Amiga computers or special cars can be a cause if people value them and don't want to see them disappear.
Then we have to call in Goldman Sachs. They are doing God's work anyway, so why not have a little project on the side... :idea:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Nice one! Really American industry's biggest problem is that the banks have discovered they can make money faster by manipulating markets and swindling investors than loaning out capital for real products!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts