Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,

Well after tons of research and speaking with both Harleyguy, FiskerPhilly, Alex Pop and several other helpful folks here on FB. I pulled the trigger on a White Sand Karma with a all black interior from another California member here on FB who has 3 of these cars.

The buyers checklist here on Fiskerbuzz was invaluable in making sure I got a sorted car.

My cars VIN# YH4K12AAXCA000407

Updates:

• Batteries totally replaced under warranty.
  • RDM Motors replaced and hardend Splines
  • Updated Muffler
  • Replaced differential
  • Updated cooling fans
  • Replaced AC Fan
  • Changed air filter
  • Brand new Yokohama Tires
  • Passed SMOG test

All paperwork done and car paid for and it will be delivered to me on Monday. I plan to take it over to Alex Pops shop next week.

Alex has done all of the updates on this car in his shop other than the battery replacement which was done under factory warranty at San Jose McLaren back when there was a warranty.

Nice to have the shop that has done the work 5 minutes from me (Elite Motors OC).

I look forward to hopefully a relatively trouble free ownership and I think most everything that needs to be updated has been done.

I will post back with my impressions after some seat time in the coming week.

Brad
Irvine, CA

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
Nice car! Are you going to have the nav unlocked and backup camera installed? Maybe ask Alex about that, if it has not been done.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Nice car! Are you going to have the nav unlocked and backup camera installed? Maybe ask Alex about that, if it has not been done.
The file to unlock the NAV never worked for us . Still had to remove the CIU and send in and have TSS unlock it . Another promise Joost made to us that we would be able to take of that on a dealer level never happened .

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to our little community. Fisker makes one of the few White cars that is actually stunning. And thanks for posting photos without being asked. Obviously, you have been around Fisker Buzz a long time; well done!

Two questions about your list of repairs done:

Batteries totally replaced under warranty.
RDM Motors replaced and hardend Splines
Updated Muffler
Replaced differential
Updated cooling fans
Replaced AC Fan
Changed air filter
Brand new Yokohama Tires
Passed SMOG test
Is there a difference between a differential and the RDM? I thought the functionality of the differential was subsumed into the RDM?

Regarding the SMOG test, my car has been registered in CA since I got it in 2012 and I have never been required to have a smog test done for renewing the registration. Is this a requirement because the car is being transferred? Just wondering.

Again, Welcome and it's great to have you with us.

·
1,172 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to our little community. Fisker makes one of the few White cars that is actually stunning. And thanks for posting photos without being asked. Obviously, you have been around Fisker Buzz a long time; well done!

Two questions about your list of repairs done:

Is there a difference between a differential and the RDM? I thought the functionality of the differential was subsumed into the RDM?

Regarding the SMOG test, my car has been registered in CA since I got it in 2012 and I have never been required to have a smog test done for renewing the registration. Is this a requirement because the car is being transferred? Just wondering.

Again, Welcome and it's great to have you with us.
When the vehicle has a transfer of ownership (at least in CA) you have to SMOG it. The smog is a computer scan to make sure no emission specific CEL's are on.

I know this car also had its PRNDL replaced at SV Fisker.

You are correct... motors are a part of the RDM. The RDM is collectively the differential and motors (Rear Drive Module) so my assumption from the above description is that both motors and differential were replaced/refurbished.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Guys,

Ended up taking delivery yesterday and the car is awesome! The car performed flawlessly for my the trip. Yes when you transfer ownership in California for a car over 4 years old the require the SMOG which as a buyer is a good thing for me as they check the system and no engine faults can be detected.

Yes the Differential is part of the RDM that Alex did on the car. The NAV and the rear view is already unlocked and it has a cool rearview mirror with built in video screen for rear view or front view camera.

Also the original owner had the entire interior of the car covered in very high end hand stitched black leather so there is no "cloth accent" anywhere which is awesome and gives it a very rich feel in the cabin.

The new Yokohama tires were super smooth and the car tracked wonderfully, much better than I expected for such a heavy car.

Since the campaign look up tool seems to be lost forever if anyone else has access to it and can update this thread to all the campaigns done by Fisker that would be cool. Any warranty work was at SV Fisker McClaren and Elite Motors OC to the best of my knowledge.

·
1,172 Posts
Hey Guys,

Ended up taking delivery yesterday and the car is awesome! The car performed flawlessly for my the trip. Yes when you transfer ownership in California for a car over 4 years old the require the SMOG which as a buyer is a good thing for me as they check the system and no engine faults can be detected.

Yes the Differential is part of the RDM that Alex did on the car. The NAV and the rear view is already unlocked and it has a cool rearview mirror with built in video screen for rear view or front view camera.

Also the original owner had the entire interior of the car covered in very high end hand stitched black leather so there is no "cloth accent" anywhere which is awesome and gives it a very rich feel in the cabin.

The new Yokohama tires were super smooth and the car tracked wonderfully, much better than I expected for such a heavy car.

Since the campaign look up tool seems to be lost forever if anyone else has access to it and can update this thread to all the campaigns done by Fisker that would be cool. Any warranty work was at SV Fisker McClaren and Elite Motors OC to the best of my knowledge.

As an FYI the eco standards did not have a cloth insert, they had a vinyl faux leather interior. The black sand monotone (eco sport) interiors were the half fabric half leather.

You should call up the old SV dealership and try to get them to release to you the service documentation.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
any idea why the stereo will not save my radio presets. It will do it while the car is on but as soon as I turn the vehicle off all of the presets are erased? BTW I am running 530 software and will get 535 put on asap.

·
1,172 Posts
any idea why the stereo will not save my radio presets. It will do it while the car is on but as soon as I turn the vehicle off all of the presets are erased? BTW I am running 530 software and will get 535 put on asap.
530 removes battery balancing FYI which could screw up your pack... the previous flash sequence is off that is why your presets are removed

1 - 15 of 15 Posts