Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have noticed that the ICE decides to turn on every now and then. I drive in Hill 2 all the time. I was wondering why is it doing this? More importantly, how do I turn it off?

Today, I stopped to fill up. Put 93 octane in, started in stealth, bong bong Hill 2 and ICE turns on. Stop car, press P, turn car off, turn car on, ICE enables again. Why does it do this?

535 update FYI. was at 40 miles left on battery.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
So I have noticed that the ICE decides to turn on every now and then. I drive in Hill 2 all the time. I was wondering why is it doing this? More importantly, how do I turn it off?

Today, I stopped to fill up. Put 93 octane in, started in stealth, bong bong Hill 2 and ICE turns on. Stop car, press P, turn car off, turn car on, ICE enables again. Why does it do this?

The ICE will always turn on for a while after opening the gas fill door in order to take care of any smog equipment related issues. It also does this periodically for the same reason. It can't be defeated.

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
Once the fuel door switch is pressed the EVAP canister is evacuated. The engine needs to run in order to re-fill the canister with fuel vapors so it can be monitored. This usually takes 6-8 mins.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts

@jomak: If you have not already done so, you may find it helpful to watch this 15-minute video that was released by Fisker Automotive when the cars were first shipped. It answers a lot of basic questions owners usually have. For example, your question about the engine coming on after fueling is covered in the Fueling section starting at around 9:50.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWG56AD6CwU

The question about the car coming on from time to time has been asked and answered on various threads before, such as this one (where I posted the very same video as above, coincidentally), but it's just an extension of the explanation in the video. The car turns on the ICE from time to time to do emissions checks. Typically, this happens once every two weeks of pure EV operation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts