Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Fred and I live in England.

Ever since I first saw the Fisker Karma, I fell in love. There were plans to introduce the car into the United Kingdom, but as the problems increased, it bacame less likely that this would happen. I went to the Geneva Show this year, met the European representative and arranged to have a test drive in Paris. What a car, what a machine!

I wanted one, but just as I was about to buy the French car, my insurance company suggested tht I check the web, and lo an behold, there was all the bad news and I felt that my dreams would never be fulfilled.

I pulled out of the French purchase, because the dealer would not negotiate, so I went on Ebay and lo and behold, I am now the proud owner of an Eco Sport, with 1200 miles, which I have only seen in photographs. The car will be sailing back to the UK next week, and after a few legal alterations, I will be humming down the leaf roads of Britain.

I can't wait to see it, and I know that I'll be able to rely on help from fellow members.

I'll post some pictures when it's here.

Cheers Fred

·
Registered
261 Posts
steering wheel on the right side? Good luck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right Hand Drive

Keeps me closer to all the admiring glances!

Who could ask for more?

Fred

·
Registered
52 Posts
Congrats, Fred. I bought mine 30 days ago and love it. The drive itself, that smooth monorail-like acceleration with no gear shifts, cannot be compared to many other cars. Walking up to the car never gets old, the lines, the design... an amazing piece of engineering and Danish design. Our fears of repairs and spare parts availability are real, but with patience we hope to keep them driving. The biggest issue is we all love the car so much that none will be chopped up as spare parts cars unless absolutely necessary. Good luck to you in the UK - well done on picking one up now !!

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Hi, my name is Fred and I live in England.

Ever since I first saw the Fisker Karma, I fell in love. There were plans to introduce the car into the United Kingdom, but as the problems increased, it bacame less likely that this would happen. I went to the Geneva Show this year, met the European representative and arranged to have a test drive in Paris. What a car, what a machine!

I wanted one, but just as I was about to buy the French car, my insurance company suggested tht I check the web, and lo an behold, there was all the bad news and I felt that my dreams would never be fulfilled.

I pulled out of the French purchase, because the dealer would not negotiate, so I went on Ebay and lo and behold, I am now the proud owner of an Eco Sport, with 1200 miles, which I have only seen in photographs. The car will be sailing back to the UK next week, and after a few legal alterations, I will be humming down the leaf roads of Britain.

I can't wait to see it, and I know that I'll be able to rely on help from fellow members.

I'll post some pictures when it's here.

Cheers Fred
Congrats Fred did you buy the car new from a dealer ??

·
Registered
546 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum! What color combination did you get? And...as we say around these parts...pics or it didn't happen. :)

·
Registered
859 Posts
Good show, Fred! Now Prince William and Kate are going to want one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks fr all the comments. I bought it on eBay from a non Fisker dealer. It's Deep Ocean Blue with Monsoon Tri-tone. Pictures will follow. This will be well looked after as an only child.

Fred

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Thanks fr all the comments. I bought it on eBay from a non Fisker dealer. It's Deep Ocean Blue with Monsoon Tri-tone. Pictures will follow. This will be well looked after as an only child.

Fred
I just hope that the car is trouble free I had a customer buy a car used low mileage car . He was assured the car was truoble free well I looked at the car for him since he was having some serious problems .

So far the center muffler is cracked . The car won't charge I believe it needs a new battery .
I suggest you find someone to check the car out for you before they ship the car overseas .

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Most mechanical issues are taken care of. You should have the new HVAC module as well.
Phew!! Did you get my note about the software?

Fred

·
Registered
23 Posts
What to look for buying a used Karma

Hello! Even though it may not be the most logical idea, I'd still like to buy a used Karma. Does anyone have comments and/or suggestions on what to look for or have inspected before purchasing? Thank you!!

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Hello! Even though it may not be the most logical idea, I'd still like to buy a used Karma. Does anyone have comments and/or suggestions on what to look for or have inspected before purchasing? Thank you!!
You really need to find out the history before you buy one also try and road test the car . I know a few people who have bought their cars and were told they were perfect from the seller but once they received the car the cars have some major issues

1 - 16 of 16 Posts