Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://hznews.hangzhou.com.cn/jingji/content/2013-03/29/content_4671398.htm

Using GT

Meanwhile, Fisker also received an offer from the other parts of the different bidders, including also from the Wanxiang Group.
Apparently Tony will be going to China to try to renew talks with Dongfeng and Geely and any others:

Fisker CEO Tony Posawatz will visit this week, trying to re-find partners. (Yu Jian)
http://finance.sina.com.cn/stock/usstock/c/20130329/031514989798.shtml

·
320 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry but my mandarin is a little rusty....
Electric vehicles increasingly fierce market game
2013-03-29 06:26:52 Hangzhou Network
There is no doubt that the history of the development of electric vehicles in the United States is far longer than the Chinese, but the the development prospects seem not compare with China. Recently, another a U.S. electric car manufacturer - Fisker suffers, they start on a global scale to find a buyer. There is news that may become the new owner, most likely from China. This also confirms Renault - Nissan CEO Ghosn say China may become the electric car "fire fighting field.
It is based on the idea that the international car firms, including Volkswagen, Renault-Nissan, to accelerate the development of pure electric vehicles, they want to stay ahead of future competition.
Recently, the U.S. electric car manufacturer Fisker operating difficulties, it is intended to seek financial supporters and partners, from China's Geely Automobile and Dongfeng Motor olive branch thrown to it.
According to U.S. media reports, Geely Automobile earlier quoted $ 200 million -3 million acquisition of part of the Fisker shares, but eventually Geely executives and consultants believe this transaction is too risky to give up the acquisition of ideas. At the same time, the Dongfeng Motor to Fisker out an offer of $ 350 million, wants to buy 85% of its shares. Dongfeng Motor has not formally responded to the takeover rumors, the the Fisker brand spokesman confirmed. Meanwhile, Fisker also received an offer from the other parts of the different bidders, including also from the Wanxiang Group. Wanxiang Group Prior to mergers and acquisitions through capital injection to save the battery suppliers A123 and the resumption of production, while the latter's previous bankruptcy storm Fisker battery supply for up to six months suspended, therefore Fisker sale also belongs to the A123 bankruptcy storm one of the chain reaction.
However, there are reports that Geely and Dongfeng Motor recently withdrew from the negotiations.The reason is unable to agree whether to reinstate the sum of the loan agreement signed with the U.S. government. Before the loan is paid in April, Fisker Automotive's future is full of uncertainty. In addition, the potential requirements of the acquisition of the company production plant in Delaware, it has also become a reason to abandon the acquisition of two Chinese automobile manufacturers.

·
Registered
123 Posts
This is good news - hope something comes out of it. Seems Volvo is doing reasonably well under Chinese ownership

·
Registered
854 Posts
Not sure how much insight these Chinese articles add. They seem to be sourced from the same English language WSJ and Reuters articles we've already read. Now translated twice, at least once by machine, some meaning is probably lost.

From my understanding of earlier articles Tony was already in China trying to reignite negotiations and Dongfeng made and official statement that they were out (which had only been rumored before). It's hard to tell if this Wanxiang bid is new or just a rehash since they were previously mentioned some weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
I am saddened at the prospect that we may soon be legally giving US born Intellectual property over to the Chinese, when Detroit could really use it. But selfishly, it is good to know that I will be able to get my car serviced.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
I am saddened at the prospect that we may soon be legally giving US born Intellectual property over to the Chinese, when Detroit could really use it. But selfishly, it is good to know that I will be able to get my car serviced.
You mean the intellectual property developed by the global company co-founded by a Danish guy and a German guy who had worked for German and English car companies, and that designed cars in the US and built them in Finland using components sourced from countries all over the world?

Like it or not, IP is pretty global these days and regardless of who actually holds title, it needs to be developed and used to retain its value. I would also prefer to keep ownership of the IP in the US, but that's not as important as the IP being used, licensed, and most importantly, continue to be developed. And, yes, getting your car serviced would not be bad either.

·
Registered
49 Posts
This whole painful experience reminds me of AMIGA.
In 1990 there was hot PC the AMIGA that was years ahead of its time.
I bought the AMIGA 3000 model and it blew away PC and MAC at that time.
It had a dedicated user and customer base: we would have kept buyng the next model year after year. The CEO ran the company into the ground and the technology died. I retired my AMIGA a few months ago as DELL/WINDOWS finally caught up.
The US Government spent a trillion dollars in that wasteland IRAQ/AFGHANISTAN.
Why would they not give FISKER the funds to manufacture the ATLANTIC and honor the warranties of the early adopters is bizarre. My car runs great ... but for how long?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This whole painful experience reminds me of AMIGA.
In 1990 there was hot PC the AMIGA that was years ahead of its time.
I bought the AMIGA 3000 model and it blew away PC and MAC at that time.
It had a dedicated user and customer base: we would have kept buyng the next model year after year. The CEO ran the company into the ground and the technology died. I retired my AMIGA a few months ago as DELL/WINDOWS finally caught up.
The US Government spent a trillion dollars in that wasteland IRAQ/AFGHANISTAN.
Why would they not give FISKER the funds to manufacture the ATLANTIC and honor the warranties of the early adopters is bizarre. My car runs great ... but for how long?
With regards to your comparison; When you say "The CEO ran the company into the ground" are you referring to Tony POS?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am unsure who at FA is holding the reins.
For example, was there any mystery that this giant storm was going to pulverize New Jersey? No not really. That is very concerning.
I think I and many would be happy if some information from FA came our way.
I would hope that if the CEO got a government save for GM and the Volt, that those same connections in Washington could be accessed.
I am not sure the AMIGA was milked to death deliberately or it was just sloppiness.
I have a lot invested in this project (oh about 100,000 big ones) and really hope that FA turns the corner and gets moving again.

·
Registered
435 Posts
i have my amiga 3000 in a box in the same garage as were i park my fisker. hope my fisker will not go the same path

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wow. What an amusing coincidence. My computer and Fisker were side by side in the garage.
I actually just gave my 3000 away to someone who collects vintage computers.
I miss it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I still have the Amiga's and even got emulator for it beginning of this year ;-)
The best technology is not always the economical survivor... a pity...

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have awareness of AMIGA emulators.
I have WIN7: what is a good emulator.
I would like to fire up my MIDI sequences again.
:->
Is this an AMIGA thread?
___
I have 615 O/S and am not going to jinx my KARMA by saying I have problems (but I don't). Please GOD let the Chinese buy the remnants so I have a warrantee.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
资本运作:有消息称,万向集团欲联合美国跑车制造商vl公司收购陷入破产危机的美国豪华电动汽车品牌菲斯克。这是继今年完成对美国 电池公司的收购后,万向集团涉及电动汽车产业的又一起收购。

六0万左右,我听到了吗?

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
资本运作:有消息称,万向集团欲联合美国跑车制造商vl公司收购陷入破产危机的美国豪华电动汽车品牌菲斯克。这是继今年完成对美国 电池公司的收购后,万向集团涉及电动汽车产业的又一起收购。

六0万左右,我听到了吗?
Really?

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Capital operation: there is news that the United Wanxiang Group For vl American sports car manufacturer acquired bankruptcy crisis, the U.S. luxury electric car brand Fisk. This is the second year the company completed the acquisition of U.S. battery after Wanxiang Group is involved in yet another electric vehicle industry acquisitions.

60 million or so, I hear it?

·
320 Posts
Capital operation: there is news that the United Wanxiang Group For vl American sports car manufacturer acquired bankruptcy crisis, the U.S. luxury electric car brand Fisk. This is the second year the company completed the acquisition of U.S. battery after Wanxiang Group is involved in yet another electric vehicle industry acquisitions.

60 million or so, I hear it?
Sounds like Chinese...poorly translated into English. As such, it makes no sense.

·
320 Posts

六0万左右,我听到了吗?
What is the source?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts