Fisker Buzz Forums banner

It's no "Glorious Leader" but Tristan just became my favorite ship

21K views 79 replies 20 participants last post by  Deep Ocean 
ct-fiskerbuzz said:
If they're going to make their "1500 delivered" number it needs to have a whole lot of other Karmas.
Keep in mind that half of those 1500 Karmas are supposed to be delivered to European customers, but without certification they cannot get shipped.

I know Fisker wants to sell those cars badly, because a European sale brings in 28% more at €95,000 ($128,000). They probably make a profit on the European cars and a loss on the cars sold in the US that go for $28,000 less, even though transportation costs are higher and there could even be an import tax.

I really do not understand why this certification process has to take so long. It's probably bureaucracy. But I am convinced Fisker is partly to blame because they started the certification process so late. I've never ever heard of a car company that could not deliver finished cars because there was no certification yet.

It is really starting to annoy me (and no doubt many other European customers).

I know it is confusing, but these are not Special Edition-cars! All SE-cars have a silver paint with a golden glow. The two silver ones in this picture do not have that golden glow. Also, on the one closest to the camera on the back it says ES, not SE (ES = Eco Sport, SE = Special Edition).

Maybe I was too fast in my conclusion (and not informed well enough). I have to admit I am not sure if the Special Editions have their own abbreviation on the back. I would be baffled if they have a regular ES-badge, as it would make them look less 'special' than the Eco Chics. Also, I do not spot any difference in color between these two cars and the Silver Wind-demos we see in so many videos. We were told that the Special Editions would have their own unique silver color.

Fabulist said:
[
I am trying to stay stoic about the whole thing given the history but my colleagues at work are getting pretty excited about it. The vigil continues ....
Funny, I had the same thing. The people around sometimes are more worked up about the delays and ever-pending delivery than me. Don't get me wrong: sometimes!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.