Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm guessing this is still from that code that I couldn't get rid of POAC4 (Hybrid Powertrain Control Module Requested MIL Illumination).

I tried unplugging the main fuse for 30 seconds doing a hard reboot and the check engine light disappeared for about 20 minutes of driving but it came back and I still can't get a charge. It's not like I'm getting a partial charge and I have a bad cell... it's not charging at all.

Does anyone know what's going on? I have an appointment booked at my CSP but they don't have a space open for another 2 weeks and I'm wondering what it will cost me to fix it.

Thanks,

Hockeydad

·
Premium Member
2012 Fisker Karma #1030
380 Posts
I thought a hard reset required unplugging the big black connector under the hood for 10 minutes or more. I tried less once and the system had not fully reset.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
If the car isn't charging and the code doesn't reset and the check engine light is on I would guess that the number 5 contactor has stopped functioning.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
any chance would that contactor be close to the windshield wiper fluid reservoir? i was filling it up and i spilled some...

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
any chance would that contactor be close to the windshield wiper fluid reservoir? i was filling it up and i spilled some...
It is in the battery pack wing portion. Pack has to be dropped, cover has to be removed off pack etc. Hopefully your service center is capable of doing pack level component repair.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys I just got a Fisker Karma and I was wondering if u guys can help me out since I don't know much about the car but I wana make sure I do everything right. What charger should I get for it that's affordable and doesn't harm the battery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
546 Posts
@Sako 22: It is impolite to hijack a thread by changing the topic. This thread was started by Hockeydad to resolve a problem he is having with his Karma, so let's stick to that topic, please.

(Would the mods please consider removing the unrelated comments in this thread by Sako 22, tamkien79, and myself? Sako 22 already has another thread asking about chargers to which several members--including 4 longtime members--have responded.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
My bad i didn't know how to start a new one and accidentally did it under this one but I figured it out now. Wasn't trying to be impolite

·
Registered
546 Posts
My bad i didn't know how to start a new one and accidentally did it under this one but I figured it out now. Wasn't trying to be impolite

No worries. I figured as much. (I left a response to your original thread, by the way.)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No worries ;)
I'm still hoping someone can answer me if it's an expensive fix... how many hours would it usually take to take down the battery and fix the number 5 contact?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts