Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loving my car more each day, but ... I went out to my garage today to discover all 4 windows of the car rolled down. They were all up when I went to bed the night before. Anybody else seen that? Hope it won't ever do that when locked somewhere outdoors. :s

·
Registered
546 Posts
It has happened to me before. If you deliberately hold down the Fisker logo/tab on the key fob, all the windows will roll down. On the occasions in which I returned to the car to find the windows unexpectedly rolled down, I've chalked it up to the button being accidentally pressed while in my pocket. Now, I hold the keys in my hand while walking away from the car and put them in my pocket only if I'm far enough away from the car that the key fob will not communicate with the car.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
It has happened to me before. If you deliberately hold down the Fisker logo/tab on the key fob, all the windows will roll down. On the occasions in which I returned to the car to find the windows unexpectedly rolled down, I've chalked it up to the button being accidentally pressed while in my pocket. Now, I hold the keys in my hand while walking away from the car and put them in my pocket only if I'm far enough away from the car that the key fob will not communicate with the car.
This is also known as "Tight Jeans Syndrome" or TJS. Sadly, there is no cure, but many are trying to find a solution to give Karma owners suffering from TJS long and productive lives. You can read about their heroic efforts here and here.

:D

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah. Should have known it wasn't a "new one". But, glad to know that I'm not going crazy (... er!).

·
Registered
546 Posts
This is also known as "Tight Jeans Syndrome" or TJS. Sadly, there is no cure, but many are trying to find a solution to give Karma owners suffering from TJS long and productive lives. You can read about their heroic efforts here and here.

:D
Ha! Verrrrrry funny, Fabulist!!! :)

I'm 'blessed' with the legs of a Tour de France cyclist, so I can barely get my quads into a pair of jeans. Add the Karma key fob, and I'm screwed! Maybe I should just carry a purse instead?

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
Tight Jeans Syndrome.... nice. The FOB has the longest range of any car I have ever owned. Even when one thinks the car is out of range -- it isn't. I have opened the trunk over 100 feet away. My wife doesn't allow me to wear tight jeans.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
I had the windows all roll down one time going to dinner. We took our time as there were a torrential rainstorm passing. I had some towels in the trunk that saved me, but wet butts we all had.

·
Registered
108 Posts
When my car was delivered from the customs port to my house the driver of the flatbed was puzzled....couldn't figure out how all four windows rolled down all by themselves while he was driving down the freeway.

Luckily it wasn't raining that day!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've gone with putting a carabiner clip on the key fob that I keep on a hook by my back door. I just clip that onto a belt loop on my way out. Doesn't matter how tight my jeans are that way! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts