Fisker Buzz Forums banner

Is the Karma any fun to drive

4K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  dennis 
I know I'm going to get slammed for this, but... NO. And I don't mean that in a bad way. The Karma is definitely not a "driver's car" at all. You don't feel the road at all. There's no feedback thru the steering wheel, the accelerator pedal, or the seat. It's very big and heavy and not the most maneuverable thing on the road. So, "fun", no not at all.

But that's not a bad thing. This car is GREAT as a city car. It deals with stoplights and traffic better than anything I've ever owned because that's where its strengths are. It's got good 0-40 acceleration which is what you need in city driving, and it drives very straight and smooth. I really enjoy driving it around town for errands and the usual daily chores.

It's really the opposite of my Aston because the Aston is a pain in the ass to drive in the city, and it *hates* coming to a stop and going slow in traffic. Yet the Aston is an outstanding driver's car and is ridiculously fun to drive on the open road. So, I'd say the Karma compliments the Aston perfectly, but I'd never call it "fun to drive" in a million years.

-Brian

True, the only bad part about the Karma for city use is the size. Driving it is not the problem, but parking is. I've found that this is a very challenging car to park. You have to go very wide to get into spots, and backing out is a test of skills. Other than that, however, it really does amazingly well as a city car. The lack of a gearbox and the instant torque make it a pleasure to start-stop in.

Like I've said in earlier posts, the acceleration past 40mph is minimal, but you do get the head-in-the-back-of-the-seat feeling from 0-40. Also, the great visibility in the car makes lane changes a cinch. My Aston scares the shit out of me when I drive it in traffic when the top is up because I can't see a thing, so every lane change is a flirt with death. That's why I almost always drive the Aston with the top down - otherwise my hair would turn white from fear. The Karma's visibility gets an A+.

-Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.