Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from what i reading the revero its copy of the fisker ,i was afraid they go with the BMW power train .. im glad that didnt work

my question
does then mean all other parts ( i assume gonna be updated ) can it be used in our fiskers like
RDM,TRACTION MOTORS, FRONT END ( BETTER CONTROLS ARM), BRAKES , hybrid unit , BATTERY MODULE, RADIATORS , A/C, ENGINE, INVERTORS , ETC..
With exception to the dash and central console..

so does this mean we will be guaranteed parts for at least next 5 years?

·
Registered
189 Posts
from what i reading the revero its copy of the fisker ,i was afraid they go with the BMW power train .. im glad that didnt work

my question
does then mean all other parts ( i assume gonna be updated ) can it be used in our fiskers like
RDM,TRACTION MOTORS, FRONT END ( BETTER CONTROLS ARM), BRAKES , hybrid unit , BATTERY MODULE, RADIATORS , A/C, ENGINE, INVERTORS , ETC..
With exception to the dash and central console..

so does this mean we will be guaranteed parts for at least next 5 years?

It's not a "Copy" - That would be saying somone is mimicing parts/panels. The residual/remaining Karma production parts where shipped to the new factory in CA and they resumed production of essentially the old car with some tweeks and fixes with the parts onhand. Keep in mind Fisker was prepared to produce far more cars than the number that made it out the door so there was a lot of excess sitting around (reminds me of Delorean).

I would leave it to a factory trained technical expert like FiskerPhilly to address what exact percentage of difference that exists, but from my reading I would guess the Revero is 85-90% the same car as the Karma with some new or modified parts you mention.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
It's not a "Copy" - That would be saying somone is mimicing parts/panels. The residual/remaining Karma production parts where shipped to the new factory in CA and they resumed production of essentially the old car with some tweeks and fixes with the parts onhand. Keep in mind Fisker was prepared to produce far more cars than the number that made it out the door so there was a lot of excess sitting around (reminds me of Delorean).

I would leave it to a factory trained technical expert like FiskerPhilly to address what exact percentage of difference that exists, but from my reading I would guess the Revero is 85-90% the same car as the Karma with some new or modified parts you mention.
You are mostly correct Karma Auto hands are kinda tied since they really can;t make changes to the structure of the car. They are installing new traction motors and reworked RDM. They also changed locations of inverters and wiring harness for the most part it is the Karma with improvements.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
go with the BMW power train .. im glad that didnt work
I thought they were going to use BMW parts once they get rid of their excess inventory. You are right we will have access to parts for a long time. I'm pretty sure the US government mandates that a car manufacturer has to maintain a certain level of inventory of spare parts for a number of years.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm pretty sure the US government mandates that a car manufacturer has to maintain a certain level of inventory of spare parts for a number of years.
Required to support a production vehicle for 10yrs - but in this case Fisker went out of business...so I think there is no requirement (from what I understand).

Fortunately, plenty of parts out there due to the premature hault in production of the Karma and numerous common parts with the Revero.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
You are mostly correct Karma Auto hands are kinda tied since they really can;t make changes to the structure of the car. They are installing new traction motors and reworked RDM. They also changed locations of inverters and wiring harness for the most part it is the Karma with improvements.
As I understand it, the reworked motors and RDM have been around for a while. They just address the known deficiencies of the original parts, like soft splines, pinion nut leak, etc.

Are they using the same inverters, or did they upgrade them for the Revero?

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
As I understand it, the reworked motors and RDM have been around for a while. They just address the known deficiencies of the original parts, like soft splines, pinion nut leak, etc.

Are they using the same inverters, or did they upgrade them for the Revero?
They had a huge inventory of motors and RDM left over from when they first discovered the problem a couple of years ago. I believe the inverters are the same makes sense this way all the cooling hoses and cabling would be the same . From what I heard though the rumor mill Fisker was suppose to have a recall on the traction motors and RDM back when they first started failing . I guess that fell by the waist side also . Fix what broken now and not worry about what might break .

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I thought they were going to use BMW parts once they get rid of their excess inventory. You are right we will have access to parts for a long time. I'm pretty sure the US government mandates that a car manufacturer has to maintain a certain level of inventory of spare parts for a number of years.
i think was good decision not to go with bmw train, this could set them back years for testing re-certifying , new parts etc..

In my experience with 3 cars over 3 years 100k miles combines
( signature,standard ,chic) each car different :huh:amazing no 2 are the same i did notice signature better build than the rest and much quieter ..
REVERO will be good daily driving car if they update these parts

RDM,splines,COUPLER,visors,heater core ,A/C FAN, BIGGER radiator ( they overheat easily ),Control arms front end, rattling muffler , and that annoying high pitch noise when its hot >105 :) in all of them

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Inverters are different that's where the almost 1 second 0-60 time difference comes from. The on board charging module that allows for level 3 charging is BMW

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
Inverters are different that's where the almost 1 second 0-60 time difference comes from. The on board charging module that allows for level 3 charging is BMW
You mean the DC charging L3. The off board charging is L3 per Karma's spec on their site. AC aka 6.6kw is on-board which is not BMW

When we were at the San Diego Event the front inverter was the same are all the inverters different or just rear? The front inverter even had a 2012 date code?

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
You mean the DC charging L3. The off board charging is L3 per Karma's spec on their site. AC aka 6.6kw is on-board which is not BMW

When we were at the San Diego Event the front inverter was the same are all the inverters different or just rear? The front inverter even had a 2012 date code?
Guess your going to have to buy a Revero and find out all the changes that were made.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts