Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is a similar issue to this thread http://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/7594-loss-power-2.html

but my Karma has been in the shop for ~4 months now :(

Basically when driving you lose throttle response. You push the pedal but the car does nothing. It doesn't accelerate at all. I keep pumping it but nothing happens.

Does anyone know what's going on? Any ideas on how I can get it fixed?

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Not sure if this is a similar issue to this thread http://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/7594-loss-power-2.html

but my Karma has been in the shop for ~4 months now :(

Basically when driving you lose throttle response. You push the pedal but the car does nothing. It doesn't accelerate at all. I keep pumping it but nothing happens.

Does anyone know what's going on? Any ideas on how I can get it fixed?
Where are you located what shop has it been in the car needs to be hooked up to Prodis which is the Fisker Lap top and codes need to be read. IS the check engine light on ?

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's at the McLaren Silicon Valley dealership.

They've hooked it up but haven't gotten codes. The CEL isn't on.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually I was wrong it is giving error codes, the update I got this morning says:

"
With the car displaying two different faults, one the dead accelerator pedal in the stealth mode and the other check engine light with miss fires in the sport mode, driving the car is not advisable since I think you will get stranded.

We have Mike who is our trained Fisker tech, but without some help from the technical guys at Fisker, who we have sent more than a couple emails that have gone unanswered regarding these two faults we are left with a best guess situation.

I have a possibility of getting a used battery pack and I am waiting for the price and timeline of getting one. Once I know the price of the battery we can discuss what it would cost to try the battery pack to see if it actually solves either one of the issues.
"

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Actually I was wrong it is giving error codes, the update I got this morning says:

"
With the car displaying two different faults, one the dead accelerator pedal in the stealth mode and the other check engine light with miss fires in the sport mode, driving the car is not advisable since I think you will get stranded.

We have Mike who is our trained Fisker tech, but without some help from the technical guys at Fisker, who we have sent more than a couple emails that have gone unanswered regarding these two faults we are left with a best guess situation.

I have a possibility of getting a used battery pack and I am waiting for the price and timeline of getting one. Once I know the price of the battery we can discuss what it would cost to try the battery pack to see if it actually solves either one of the issues.
"
Just so you know I speak with Fisker technical support every other day he needs to open a hot line case they will help . If the battery was in such bad shape to cause the kind of problems your having the car would have a bunch of battery codes . The misfire codes could be a bad coupler Alex will get Mike pointed in the right direction also so you know the battery packs can be repaired no reason to replace it.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help!

I asked Mike to call you Alex. Also sent a message to Matt and he said he's going to go and check it out as well. He doesn't work there anymore but still helps out which is great.

Hopefully I can get it back on the road!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Does anybody know what the final resolution here was? My Karma has started a new abhorrent behavior. After months of never getting it to Cell Balance, a reload of 535 fixed that. And, now my battery works all the way down to 14 stealth miles (it was kicking to 0 at 25). But, the last 2 times I got down to 14, it didn't just drop to 0, but it did not let the battery alone accelerate past 20 mph. Pushing the throttle harder did nothing. If I engaged Sport mode, it would allow me to accelerate, but it would do it "jumpily" as the engine revved and waned to eventually get to a speed where I could keep an equilibrium. But, no CEL light came on.

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
Does anybody know what the final resolution here was? My Karma has started a new abhorrent behavior. After months of never getting it to Cell Balance, a reload of 535 fixed that. And, now my battery works all the way down to 14 stealth miles (it was kicking to 0 at 25). But, the last 2 times I got down to 14, it didn't just drop to 0, but it did not let the battery alone accelerate past 20 mph. Pushing the throttle harder did nothing. If I engaged Sport mode, it would allow me to accelerate, but it would do it "jumpily" as the engine revved and waned to eventually get to a speed where I could keep an equilibrium. But, no CEL light came on.
Interesting... my postulate... 530 could have taken your perfectly functioning pack out of balance,(since balancing was removed and I am assuming you did not have this issue prior to 530 being installed?) and 535 attempted to balance your pack but it was so far out of balance; due to it not balancing for the x amount of months since you had 530 installed.

So perhaps your vehicle "thinks" it has 50 miles when in reality it has 36. So once 36 miles are depleted it is wondering where the rest of the miles are in "stealth" mode. Once you click on sport mode it adds the genset which makes up for the deficit but introduced an oscillation.

Full disclosure I personally run 520 and 510 and would not touch 53x with a 10 foot pole. Pure speculation. If you have the warranty would have them rebuild your pack. Seems like 530 caused this issue; if the issue was caused by the removal of pack balancing. YMMV and my own opinions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Intermittent dead pedal...did this problem ever get resolved... My FK has started to do this. I drive a few miles for a state inspection. Ran around town for about 40 miles. The next day the wife and drove it to lunch and then the problem started. I switched it to sport mode and throttle work as normal for a minute then the problem returned. Any assisitance would really be appreciated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts