Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So was wondering if anyone can answer 2 questions for me regarding interior lighting with the karma...
1- my trunk light doesnt work. I have tried to take it out and get the cover off to check the bulb but am afraid to break any parts (seems to have 2 small push in plastic pieces that hold cover on the light box on one side that look fragile!) Im thinking of somehow checking the bulb and then possibly the fuse 9although all other lighting works so doubt its the fuse)- any ideas of how to get the bulb out??

2- I think one of the most bothersome things is getting out of the car at night and the interior lighting lasts about 10 seconds after you open the door and then goes off- not safe for a single female especially. Its bad enough that once you open the door you cant use the windows or any power features (unless Im mistaken- the power accessory delay setting seems to only work till you open the door- but is that just a glitch in my system?). there are no settings that I can see to prolong the duration of the interior lighting when you exit the vehicle, seems the " exit lighting" setting only prolongs the headlamps (and nto interior lighting)...any ideas of how to improve this??

thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah! thats so funny you said that because I just thought there wasnt a light either but after one month went to the local previous fisker dealer and looked in one of theirs..and low and behold a light on the trunk lid! next to the interesting emergency pull in case you get locked in your trunk LOL

·
Premium Member
3,078 Posts
So was wondering if anyone can answer 2 questions for me regarding interior lighting with the karma...
1- my trunk light doesnt work. I have tried to take it out and get the cover off to check the bulb but am afraid to break any parts (seems to have 2 small push in plastic pieces that hold cover on the light box on one side that look fragile!) Im thinking of somehow checking the bulb and then possibly the fuse 9although all other lighting works so doubt its the fuse)- any ideas of how to get the bulb out??

2- I think one of the most bothersome things is getting out of the car at night and the interior lighting lasts about 10 seconds after you open the door and then goes off- not safe for a single female especially. Its bad enough that once you open the door you cant use the windows or any power features (unless Im mistaken- the power accessory delay setting seems to only work till you open the door- but is that just a glitch in my system?). there are no settings that I can see to prolong the duration of the interior lighting when you exit the vehicle, seems the " exit lighting" setting only prolongs the headlamps (and nto interior lighting)...any ideas of how to improve this??

thanks!
As far as your trunk light it shouldn't break when you try and remove it . Use a small flat head screwdriver on one end of it pry it until one side releases then do the same on the other side the panel doesn't have any clips holding the light in . When you get the light out use a 12.volt test light and see if you have power and ground at the connector .

The inside delay is what it is I don't know of any cars line that has a delay or the interior lights most only have a delay for outside lighting

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
I thought mt trunk light wasn't working when I bought my car. So I brought it in for service and they said it was a bad contact. They billed Fisker, But it still did not work. Then by mstiake I discovered you have to press the silver button on your remote to turn on the trunk light.

·
Premium Member
3,078 Posts
I thought mt trunk light wasn't working when I bought my car. So I brought it in for service and they said it was a bad contact. They billed Fisker, But it still did not work. Then by mstiake I discovered you have to press the silver button on your remote to turn on the trunk light.
You are correct about the silver button

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so awesome, thanks for letting me know about the silver button! why isnt this stuff in the manual!

so, to clarify, theres no way to keep the interior lighting on after I open the door more than 10 seconds or so? most other cars the interior lights stay on as long as the door is open..kinda annoying, but Ill live with it of course if theres no way to fix.

thanks everyone!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
You could turn on the overhead dome lamps before you exit the car. They will stay on for 2 1/2 minutes after you open the door (or last touch something in the car to keep it awake).

Once the car hits 2 1/2 minutes of idle time, the car will go to "sleep" and they will turn off automatically, but they will be on the next time you get in the car.

Otherwise your car is operating normally.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
great thanks ill try that, I counted and they literally only stay on about 10 seconds after I open the door..so this will be a good way for me to do it. and I assume that when I close the door and lock it they will turn off before it hits that 2.5 min, correct? anyways..Ill just try it- thanks so much!

·
Registered
996 Posts
I had a similar problem, the trunk light would go out every time I had a USB cable plugged in. Also had a problem where having a USB cable plugged in would run down the 12v battery.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.