Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a very interesting article about Tesla/Elon Musk, in the November issue of Road and Track written by Bob Lutz.

·
Registered
886 Posts
There is a very interesting article about Tesla/Elon Musk, in the November issue of Road and Track written by Bob Lutz.
Thanks for sharing. Is there an online version oder a pdf available?

Stefan

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cant find an on-line link to that article. I could scan it and post tomorrow. The main points are.... Tesla is in trouble and losing $4,000 per car. Bob said Elon should consider an entry level car with hybrid driveline. Pretty much what Karma (Fisker) already has.
Bob

·
Registered
91 Posts
That is an interesting article. Please do post the article. I also could not find it online but would like to read it. Thank you srqboater.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
He sure got the Tesla peeps talking.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/55562-Bob-Lutz-in-Road-Track

I especially liked s'toon comment... "He's wrong about the losing $4000 per car thing. He of all people should know better, as it's the same misleading kind of figures that was used to bash the Volt. Take money spent, divide by number of cars built to that point, and whallah! Money lost per car. The problem is it's bad logic. First of all, that figure grows smaller with each car built. Secondly, they're not losing money with each car. Tesla is building up infrastructure. They're building a Gigafactory, new production facilities, and a supercharger network. They're making money on each car, but the expenditures are outpacing the money coming in until that infrastructure is built. Once it's built, then Tesla will be able to pay down the debt and then make a profit."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts