Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was driving home today... there was a LOUD noise, not unlike a siren...... the service light came on and I was at very reduced power.... I was lucky that I was only 10 miles from home..... after I got home, I did a hard re-set. When I tried to start, the dash light came on for a fraction of a min and then went blank. I have never charged the 12V battery and only drive approximately 20-25 miles/day on HV battery only. I have a feeling that it is 12V battery related. I have it on a charger now. Has anyone else had this problem???? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Sounds like a spun out electric motor to me. That high pitched siren-like noise is the electric motor free-spinning.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Talk to Harleyguy, also Fisker Palm Beach says they have a fix for this. BTW, what is your vin number? Just curious to see if its low.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another problem that Im having is....... Dash only comes for for 10 seconds and then goes black.... then nothing works .... not sure if this is related to the bad motor or not.... All I know is that after I limped home with only 1 motor working.... I could never get it to come on.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Spoke to the customer in great length today . He was getting another call when we were talking haven't heard back .I advised even if you spin a motor the car will still go into ready mode after it wakes up from sleeping . The car will actually go into ready mode and go into drive when you try to accelerate you will hear the traction whine then the car will show a failure .

He explained to me that the car won't even go into ready mode and the dIS shuts down right away . Something else has also failed in his car

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Vin number is YH4K14AA7CA000537 ............ 11,671 miles..... Will not start and shuts down after 10 seconds......... I think I might have to re-set the VCM.... not sure what to do....

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
I've been in contact with him this weekend and we are working on a solution . The car is now waking up and his able to get it into ready mode .

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
UPDATE........... As Harleyguy posted..... the car wakes up and I can move it. Of course, one of the electric motors is toast.... it's actually the motor on the passenger side. I am going to start another thread to see if anyone else has had this problem.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
I think the motors are attached to the RDM one in front and one behind. Not side to side. Anyway, you probably want both to be replaced as if one failed the other one is probably right behind (in time).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks......... you are probably correct. Do you know the manufacturer of the motor ??? Also, do you know the status of VL automotive and if they started to remove drive units to be replaced by Chey parts???? That might be a source for me....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts